So What Are Your Plans For The Impulse AQ Limited?

7 hours ago, Compass said:

Hi diver, I did a little freediving with an early White's underwater metal detector when I was stationed in Hawaii in the 70's. I don't remember the model number but it was the size and shape of an electronic megaphone and had one earpiece that snapped into a hood.

I used to dive down and acquire multiple targets and mark them with plastic clothespins. I'd then surface, get some air and go back down and dig all the targets out with my state-of-the-art french fry basket. 

If I tried that today I would probably black out!

You remind me of a gorgeous documentary of that years I found on OBN channel...I'm sure You'll love to watch it... I don't have the right title now, but if You check is easy to find it!

This is the type of beach hunting where I see that the AQ will shine.  Here’s hoping I get to test it this summer.

image.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Yellowstone said:

This is the type of beach hunting where I see that the AQ will shine.  Here’s hoping I get to test it this summer.

This type of sand ? Haha

MUTE MODE or VOLCANIC MODE.. NO PROBLEM

P1040384.thumb.jpg.804cf409e33d071bc329f8db63ed72bf.jpg

P1040385.jpg.21f72c03b6e242de16687971b300adb0.jpg

P1040387.thumb.jpg.cc8787d9890984ffdf58610bd8335b20.jpg

P1050720.thumb.jpg.cd9950add9eba015295106bf2d38c7ce.jpg

V__BB49.jpg.b8641aa649ac18090d9914ee584b63b6.jpg

V__EC01.jpg.c6c1c459482464c5cbd0d78240dc0465.jpg

• Oh my! 2

3 minutes ago, Yellowstone said:

Alexandre, that is impressive.  Thanks for sharing!

No problem, these are phenomena that only appear part of the year on a few hundred kilometers of beach in ours country.
No detector works, it's like trying to detect on an iron plate, in ALL METAL mode the detectors sound everywhere and in discrimination mode the detectors make a permanent sound cutoff.

IMPULSE project started from a bet with a friend that it would be impossible to detect through this sand with a new metal detector model.

• Like 6

Alexandre,

Thanks for taking up the bet!

Mitchel

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Skullgolddiver said:

You remind me of a gorgeous documentary of that years I found on OBN channel...I'm sure You'll love to watch it... I don't have the right title now, but if You check is easy to find it!

I will check it out- thank you.

3 hours ago, Yellowstone said:

image.jpeg

That’s the stuff I’m detecting in, no problem with the AQ, although in the worst of it sensitivity will have to come down and pulse delay go up. In the very worst, Volcanic Mode comes into play.

• Like 1

Steve, thanks for the tips.  Alexandre said even mute mode may be effective in some of these black sand layers.  With the Equinox, all I get is the overload symbol.

The overload symbol does not mean the Equinox is not working, it means it has automatically reduced transmit gain to deal with conditions. Depth is reduced, but it should work. Up to a point. Like Alexandre says it can get thick enough most detectors grind to a halt. It’s stuff like this a PI is made for.