Joe Beechnut OBN

Impulse AQ ... Gold.. Class Ring And Medallion

Awesome. Just like what the Nox did for hammered parks, the AQ is going to do for shallow water and wet sand hunting. Pretty good "niche".

• Like 1

Thanks Joe and congrats on a superb hunt! Your water looks murky there like one of my favorite spots so it usually takes me a while to retrieve targets. I would think with the AQ's large coil and depth capabilities that target retrieval is going to be even more challenging?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Compass said:

Thanks Joe and congrats on a superb hunt! Your water looks murky there like one of my favorite spots so it usually takes me a while to retrieve targets. I would think with the AQ's large coil and depth capabilities that target retrieval is going to be even more challenging?

Honestly I though so also but I will share more on this later..Turns out it is a easy as the Excalibur in PP... I need to finds some shallow clear water to show.  Three different styles are require, Swinging...Pumping of the coil ..then the edge of the coil...I will try and do a good video on that...

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Joe Beechnut OBN said:

Honestly I though so also but I will share more on this later..Turns out it is a easy as the Excalibur in PP... I need to finds some shallow clear water to show.  Three different styles are require, Swinging...Pumping of the coil ..then the edge of the coil...I will try and do a good video on that...

Thank you but no rush- stay out there and enjoy the detector- learning a lot from your hunt videos!

• Like 1

Joe, What kind of makeup is that bottom?  Sand, mud or a mix and do you sink into it at all?  Also are those losses coming from old docks or what along those reeds?  Why would people be losing stuff in that area?  Thanks for all the great videos and giving the great shots of the areas you are hunting.  Good Stuff!!!!  GaryC/Oregon Coast

• Like 2

Very Nice Joe!

Great birthday gift, Keep up the great work. Being very sensitive is the AQ picking up your scoop when at your side or just when its close.

I have noticed when I pumped my excel up and down on a target it would increase the volume some, is this the pumping method you are referring to on the AQ. 

Did your hunting buddy find anything on that trip? would love to see his finds as well.

Happy Hunting Joe Stay Safe and Healthy.

Lonnie

• Like 1

Nice hunt Joe. In addition to gold I am looking forward to finding older nickels too. Just goes to show you, old sites still have deep goods to give up.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, South Padre Treasure said:

Very Nice Joe!

Great birthday gift, Keep up the great work. Being very sensitive is the AQ picking up your scoop when at your side or just when its close.

I have noticed when I pumped my excel up and down on a target it would increase the volume some, is this the pumping method you are referring to on the AQ. 

Did your hunting buddy find anything on that trip? would love to see his finds as well.

Happy Hunting Joe Stay Safe and Healthy.

Lonnie

Thanks Buddy.........Funny he found the silver ring I lost last trip there that I dug with the AQ..So he ended up with 4 sinkers and a bottle cap..and the silver ring. This spot has been hammered since the 1980's .I've invited many here over the years just to see what kind of hunters they are.....Hunting it with any detector besides the AQ will prove a waste of time...

And yes, the coil is getting hits from the scoop..I am working on a set of head phones that I can turn on and off fast to save my hearing.., the AQ can be noisy also when your putting it back in the water after being on top of the sifter..it's adjusting to the "change in something" (I forgot) I was told..but as soon as it is on the bottom..almost silent..

I invite Cygus tester here also, but nothing yet..

OBN-0002.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GaryC/Oregon Coast said:

Joe, What kind of makeup is that bottom?  Sand, mud or a mix and do you sink into it at all?  Also are those losses coming from old docks or what along those reeds?  Why would people be losing stuff in that area?  Thanks for all the great videos and giving the great shots of the areas you are hunting.  Good Stuff!!!!  GaryC/Oregon Coast

Some areas sand, but mostly a mix of sand, shells, small rocks, then oyster shells...rarely clay.

Long story short. History...old beach's forgotten 

OBN0290.jpg

• Like 6

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Aaron
      Went back again to lake last week w the Tarsacci, managed to find another small child’s gold ring again. This one was down at least 6” and sounded very good. I’m getting a chest mount for my iPhone, so I promise my next video will be better! 
      Aaron
    • By Joe Beechnut OBN
      Seen a opening to get out today but just not the right spot for the "AQ' yet. Come winter I see the "AQ" getting a real good work out here. Today I took the excalibur for I was not sure what conditions I would be walking into. Working in close first nothing..... but Iron and trash..dug a few pieces and decided to go deep, still not a lot of targets. Slowly working my way deeper and parallel to the beach about 600 foot out...shoulder deep I got a couple nickels kind of shallow (2 scoops) then slowed to the snail's pace...Got another signal, broken but being I just got two nickels I'm going to dig all...3 scoops, maybe 12 inch's deep ..surprise...Gold. 

• By Rick N. MI
      Both silver. Was using the Equinox 800 with 6" coil. Using Park 2, 2 tone, recovery 4, iron bias 0, and sensitivity 24. I like Gold mode too. 
      Not worth much, 2 earrings worth $0.50. Like finding 2 quarters lol. The stone is cz.  They are real jewelry though.

• By The Seeker
      I got out today for a low tide hunt and some needed exercise.  Conditions weren’t good but I was eager to give it a whirl. After an hour I got a 7-8 on the MDT8000 and this 10k ring popped out.  I haven’t tested the diamond chips yet. The rest of the hunt was uneventful but I had already achieved my goal so I was good to go. Thanks for reading and happy hunting.

• By GaryC/Oregon Coast
      OK, Been in Oregon bout three years now.  First two years were spent on getting my house in order and new additional garage built.  Then came the Nox, waited on a list for months.  Kept myself busy with my old X-Terra 705 until the Nox arrived but did not go out as much as I should have.  Waiting for a new toy to arrive is not the thing to do, you lose your edge for hunting.  Fast forward now to the waiting list for the AQ limited.  This one is also driving me nuts.  I watch the email daily hoping it's coming soon and follow this website for AQ tidbits.  It's like the Nox all over again.  I haven't gone hunting with my trusted Tesoro Sandshark P.I.for two years now and that's just not acceptable.  Well today I jotted down a couple of pocket beaches I spotted driving up the coast a few months ago and decided to hit them at low tide.
      The first one I hunted with the Sandshark just at the waters edge where the water riverlets started to separate the mud.  This is where most of the coins settled out.  At high tide it's about three feet deep here.  No gold but good to hear those crisp coin tones and the sinker was about another 12" deep.  Decided to do the last beach with the Nox.  Went down the steps, out about fifteen feet to a used fire pit/burnt area.  First signal was a solid 12.  The ring couldn't have been there very long because it wasn't more than three inches deep in soft sand.  Nice 2.9 gram, not marked but acid tested 10K gold.  Fake diamonds with pearlescent type stones.  The gold is there, I just have to keep telling myself the will is there and get off my butt and quit watching my email.  What will happen will happen for a reason.  Persistence has always put gold and silver in the bag.  This was a good day!  GaryC/Oregon Coast

• By Compass
      ...with the emphasis on "little". Once in a while I like to ride my bike to the nearest lake to do a little detecting. I strap my scoop to the frame of the bike and put the Nox in a backpack which is easier with the 6" coil. It's about 10 miles round trip so I get a good workout and always find enough to cover my traveling expenses. 😉  Over the years I haven't found a lot at this lake but it is still fun and a lot closer than my more productive lakes.
      As expected, I didn't find a lot of good targets but there were a couple of surprises. One was that some of the coins look like they have been there a while judging from the green verdigris buildup. Since I've hunted this spot several times, what that means to me is that there is some sand movement from the boat wakes and wind waves.

The biggest surprise was a small earring that appears to be low carat gold. 10K acid holds long enough to make me think it may be 8K or so. It wouldn't register by itself on my scale but when I add it to something else I'm weighing, the increase is about a third of a gram. It has a small, crude stamp which looks like "MEX" so I'm thinking it's from Mexico.

These last couple of hunts have been okay but I usually do a lot better on the coin totals.  But I haven't been seeing a lot of posts in this part of the forum so I thought I'd jump in. GL&HH!