Impulse AQ ... Gold.. Class Ring And Medallion

Awesome. Just like what the Nox did for hammered parks, the AQ is going to do for shallow water and wet sand hunting. Pretty good "niche".

• Like 1

Thanks Joe and congrats on a superb hunt! Your water looks murky there like one of my favorite spots so it usually takes me a while to retrieve targets. I would think with the AQ's large coil and depth capabilities that target retrieval is going to be even more challenging?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Compass said:

Thanks Joe and congrats on a superb hunt! Your water looks murky there like one of my favorite spots so it usually takes me a while to retrieve targets. I would think with the AQ's large coil and depth capabilities that target retrieval is going to be even more challenging?

Honestly I though so also but I will share more on this later..Turns out it is a easy as the Excalibur in PP... I need to finds some shallow clear water to show.  Three different styles are require, Swinging...Pumping of the coil ..then the edge of the coil...I will try and do a good video on that...

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Joe Beechnut OBN said:

Honestly I though so also but I will share more on this later..Turns out it is a easy as the Excalibur in PP... I need to finds some shallow clear water to show.  Three different styles are require, Swinging...Pumping of the coil ..then the edge of the coil...I will try and do a good video on that...

Thank you but no rush- stay out there and enjoy the detector- learning a lot from your hunt videos!

• Like 1

Joe, What kind of makeup is that bottom?  Sand, mud or a mix and do you sink into it at all?  Also are those losses coming from old docks or what along those reeds?  Why would people be losing stuff in that area?  Thanks for all the great videos and giving the great shots of the areas you are hunting.  Good Stuff!!!!  GaryC/Oregon Coast

• Like 1

Very Nice Joe!

Great birthday gift, Keep up the great work. Being very sensitive is the AQ picking up your scoop when at your side or just when its close.

I have noticed when I pumped my excel up and down on a target it would increase the volume some, is this the pumping method you are referring to on the AQ. 

Did your hunting buddy find anything on that trip? would love to see his finds as well.

Happy Hunting Joe Stay Safe and Healthy.

Lonnie

• Like 1

Nice hunt Joe. In addition to gold I am looking forward to finding older nickels too. Just goes to show you, old sites still have deep goods to give up.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, South Padre Treasure said:

Very Nice Joe!

Great birthday gift, Keep up the great work. Being very sensitive is the AQ picking up your scoop when at your side or just when its close.

I have noticed when I pumped my excel up and down on a target it would increase the volume some, is this the pumping method you are referring to on the AQ. 

Did your hunting buddy find anything on that trip? would love to see his finds as well.

Happy Hunting Joe Stay Safe and Healthy.

Lonnie

Thanks Buddy.........Funny he found the silver ring I lost last trip there that I dug with the AQ..So he ended up with 4 sinkers and a bottle cap..and the silver ring. This spot has been hammered since the 1980's .I've invited many here over the years just to see what kind of hunters they are.....Hunting it with any detector besides the AQ will prove a waste of time...

And yes, the coil is getting hits from the scoop..I am working on a set of head phones that I can turn on and off fast to save my hearing.., the AQ can be noisy also when your putting it back in the water after being on top of the sifter..it's adjusting to the "change in something" (I forgot) I was told..but as soon as it is on the bottom..almost silent..

I invite Cygus tester here also, but nothing yet..

OBN-0002.jpg

• Like 1

On 6/27/2020 at 11:52 AM, GaryC/Oregon Coast said:

Joe, What kind of makeup is that bottom?  Sand, mud or a mix and do you sink into it at all?  Also are those losses coming from old docks or what along those reeds?  Why would people be losing stuff in that area?  Thanks for all the great videos and giving the great shots of the areas you are hunting.  Good Stuff!!!!  GaryC/Oregon Coast

Some areas sand, but mostly a mix of sand, shells, small rocks, then oyster shells...rarely clay.

Long story short. History...old beach's forgotten 

• Like 5

• The title was changed to Impulse AQ ... Gold.. Class Ring And Medallion