Impulse AQ ... Gold.. Class Ring And Medallion

23 minutes ago, schoolofhardNox said:

Nice hunt Joe. In addition to gold I am looking forward to finding older nickels too. Just goes to show you, old sites still have deep goods to give up.

You my friend are going to rock this winter. The 2 hour hunt yesterday I may have did 30 foot long by 20 foot wide area...I move slow and dig every little jump in the meter. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

42 minutes ago, Joe Beechnut OBN said:

the AQ can be noisy also when your putting it back in the water after being on top of the sifter..it's adjusting to the "change in something" (I forgot) I was told..but as soon as it is on the bottom..almost silent..

I thought I saw that in the video. HH pulse (that died on me early June ... this June has been hard on my old detectors) would do that and then hunt pretty quiet while on the bottom in the bay waters. It was a different story at ocean beaches and I would need to kind of follow the wave motion with the coil and then could pick out good targets from the water noise. Looking forward to some reports of people using the AQ in the ocean waters as to how quiet it is or isn't.

Congrats on the gold!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Joe Beechnut OBN said:

You my friend are going to rock this winter. The 2 hour hunt yesterday I may have did 30 foot long by 20 foot wide area...I move slow and dig every little jump in the meter. 

Thanks Joe. Hunting those threshold blips is what I planned to do, to see how deep it can go! Funny how for years, I liked to keep the threshold just about silent. Now I want to hear a quiet, but steady hum to hear those anomalies.

• Like 3

23 hours ago, tvr said:

I thought I saw that in the video. HH pulse (that died on me early June ... this June has been hard on my old detectors) would do that and then hunt pretty quiet while on the bottom in the bay waters. It was a different story at ocean beaches and I would need to kind of follow the wave motion with the coil and then could pick out good targets from the water noise. Looking forward to some reports of people using the AQ in the ocean waters as to how quiet it is or isn't.

Congrats on the gold!

The AQ does have a sensitive area, just like my excalibur with the coil change fitting and the Garrett Infinium LS...... ..right around the coil connector...So in rough or splashing waters your going to hear every little splash (falsing) . I have learned on the excalibur to time my hunting to when the tide will be right below or above. Either the water will be below the sensitive area or above...nothing right at...and now the same goes for the AQ..Come Aug I will do at least one trip down to OC MD ...

Also around any rough waters at the ocean I would not take the AQ..I've been knocked down to many times to know this is not the CZ21...The Tank.

• Like 2

On 6/27/2020 at 7:57 AM, Skate said:

Awesome. Just like what the Nox did for hammered parks, the AQ is going to do for shallow water and wet sand hunting. Pretty good "niche".

Thank You!

That has to be the best compare I've heard on the AQ..Very True..

• The title was changed to Impulse AQ ... Gold.. Class Ring And Medallion

So now it can be said for sure that the AQ is hitting deeper than other detectors that have been to your hammered location. I have a number of places in mind where I have dug every signal that I could hear and that was with the Infinium. I found a bunch gold rings from a small area used since the 30's and no longer today. A lot of the bottom is covered in leaves and pine needles which I would take a rake and clean off an area and then hunt. I'm excited to spend some time there again with the AQ. These are some of the gold rings I found. The other picture is a mix of "keepers" from a number of days hunting in one location.  

image.png.e03a877e25e428e7b6ebcad7e3ad4433.png

image.png

• Like 9

Thanks Joe, I remember that photo now.  Nice to put the hunted place in prospective to the old photo.  How deep was the silver ring?  Thanks for the info.  GaryC/Oregon Coast

• Like 1

4 hours ago, GaryC/Oregon Coast said:

Thanks Joe, I remember that photo now.  Nice to put the hunted place in prospective to the old photo.  How deep was the silver ring?  Thanks for the info.  GaryC/Oregon Coast

Not much sand movement at this spot since it is up a cove. Nox found it shallow I'm sure, for I lost it on May the 20th which was my first trip out with the "AQ" hunting. I knew I had lost it but was not sure where, Rod answered that question..which I never told him it was the same.

OBN-0004.jpg

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Sting Ray said:

Thank you for once again sharing the AQ in action!   

Question:  It appears you are taking the machine deeper than the 3 foot depth limit.  Am I wrong or did you make an adjustment that I did not read in another post?

Honestly I'm not sure who rated the 3 foot thing but I would say it would be fine deeper. And I think if someone took the time to do what DEW Meeker does, use teflon tape on the threads of the M-8s 10 foot would be no problem. The coil, battery and control head are Rock solid...

• Like 6