Impulse AQ ... Gold.. Class Ring And Medallion

5 hours ago, okara gold said:

So now it can be said for sure that the AQ is hitting deeper than other detectors that have been to your hammered location. I have a number of places in mind where I have dug every signal that I could hear and that was with the Infinium. I found a bunch gold rings from a small area used since the 30's and no longer today. A lot of the bottom is covered in leaves and pine needles which I would take a rake and clean off an area and then hunt. I'm excited to spend some time there again with the AQ. These are some of the gold rings I found. The other picture is a mix of "keepers" from a number of days hunting in one location.  

image.png.e03a877e25e428e7b6ebcad7e3ad4433.png

image.png

That is some beautiful Treasures and Old!! Very NIce! Love the 1937 Class ring!! Wow!

I used the Infinium at this spot and the DF with very little luck, both had issues with the High Power lines being close. Mike and I even did some sifting at this spot..just digging and filling the sifter then checking with the excaliburs. It has been hammered hard..I had this place on the map for a few years now, just waiting for the right machine...The AQ is perfect there and I can smell more gold...

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Joe Beechnut OBN said:

Honestly I'm not sure who rated the 3 foot thing but I would say it would be fine deeper. And I think if someone took the time to do what DEW Meeker does, use teflon tape on the threads of the M-8s 10 foot would be no problem. The coil, battery and control head are Rock solid...

They are just covering their posteriors. The issue is not the detector, it’s the power cable. Frankly I’m doing the same thing, calling it a wader unit, but the machine itself is good to much deeper than three feet.

Great reporting Joe! 👍🏼

• Like 6

5 hours ago, JohnnyRox said:

Another awesome hunt Joe!

One thing I always wonder, any issues with bull sharks in your waters?  

Thank you! They Are around ..I try not think about that to much.

On 6/28/2020 at 12:22 PM, Bill (S. CA) said:

Great finds, Joe, and love the old picture.

My guess is the AQ won't be leaving your hand anytime soon!  Keep going!

Bill

Thanks Bill! ..Having the option of either really has made my hunting stronger. So both will see action as conditions allow.

• Like 1

Joe, I don’t think you have had the control head or the battery three feet yet. I know how tall you are and you would need a snorkel or be drowned one.😂. That’s unless you have dropped it down. Even chest deep and a two foot hole it would not be three feet so I wouldn’t give it any worries. Like Steve said, it’s the power cable that’s the problem. Nice of you not to tell Rodney, class act.

• Like 1

Carolina & Joe, how can we fix the power cable problem and what is that status of battery mods? Thanks,

Bill

Future AQ owner

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Carolina said:

Joe, I don’t think you have had the control head or the battery three feet yet. I know how tall you are and you would need a snorkel or be drowned one.😂. That’s unless you have dropped it down. Even chest deep and a two foot hole it would not be three feet so I wouldn’t give it any worries. Like Steve said, it’s the power cable that’s the problem. Nice of you not to tell Rodney, class act.

For sure I'm shrinking...last measurements were  5' 9.5" Sad about that for sure.....The other day I let the AQ do a free fall from water level and found out the rear does not float..😬..battery is the sinker on the AQ for sure. It was close to three feet when he hit bottom........A few weeks ago I had it in some rough waters and that was more where I was impressed. 

Rods a great guy, I did not have the heart to tell him and was glad he did find it for I had no clue what happened to it..Mystery solved.

1 hour ago, cobill said:

Carolina & Joe, how can we fix the power cable problem and what is that status of battery mods? Thanks,

Bill

Future AQ owner

I like that.."Future AQ Owner" 

I'm close, I got a new cable ..a 90 degree so it's not sticking as far out of the back. Then today I got my 18650 Samsung batteries in...with a charger ...a BMS , 4 lead flat cable  and some other things. Got tubing coming Thursday for both battery setups...So I'll have a Lipo setup that did not make the cut.........☠️........then the two I am working now ..one with 4 inline 26650 batteries, then a 18650 setup with 8 batteries..one will be 5000mAh, the other 7200mAh.. the only change so far in plans I was going to use PVC or CPVC pipe but found some clear tubing... the first ones I make I want  to watch them close and make sure all goes as planned. Also I got M-12 8 pin fittings so the HP setup is a lot stronger.. I want to make the 8 cell 18650 setup to where I can seal it and just plug in the charger, then the 26650 battery setup to where I can remove the batteries and put 4 more in and put the discharged on charge. It's been slow but all is coming together. I will post pictures maybe this weekend to show the progress...then once done a full report ..on how to.

• Like 7

On 6/30/2020 at 11:56 AM, Carolina said:

After I asked the depth question to Joe, I realized it was intended for the control box.  I typed before thinking...again.

• Like 1