10k Vs 14k Vdi's

Dan(NM)

I had a guy approach me at the lake today who lost a 14K college class ring size 11. I told him I would spend time looking for it and get it back to him if I happen to recover it. I have a 10K college class ring I found this year(unable to locate owner) but, it's a 10K. On the Simplex, it reads 64-65, the Nox hits at 20-21 I'm wondering how much of a difference the 14K will read. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

19 hours ago, Dan(NM) said:

I had a guy approach me at the lake today who lost a 14K college class ring size 11. I told him I would spend time looking for it and get it back to him if I happen to recover it. I have a 10K college class ring I found this year(unable to locate owner) but, it's a 10K. On the Simplex, it reads 64-65, the Nox hits at 20-21 I'm wondering how much of a difference the 14K will read. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Not a total test. but I probably have 6-7 10/k digs with the Nox. NONE of them came in over 10. 

• 1 month later...
On 6/27/2020 at 4:27 PM, Dan(NM) said:

I know this post is old but I just came across it. I have found a couple of good sized 14k men's rings with the Nox this year (13 gram range) and both rang up in the 18-20 area. I would think that a 14k class ring would have a similar TID number.

9 hours ago, Compass said:

I know this post is old but I just came across it. I have found a couple of good sized 14k men's rings with the Nox this year (13 gram range) and both rang up in the 18-20 area. I would think that a 14k class ring would have a similar TID number.

I ended up finding the guy's class ring, it rang 19-20 and ended up being 10K.

• Like 5

What Cal_Cobra said...

I just recovered a 10k solid white gold ring that weighs 3.2 grams.

It rang up as a solid 6.

Is it a wonder that I dig foil and can slaw? Lols

20200824_172753.jpg

• Like 2

On 8/25/2020 at 5:58 PM, Dan(NM) said:

I ended up finding the guy's class ring, it rang 19-20 and ended up being 10K.

Wow!!!   Good for you!   Cripes, I have never had ANY gold ring that high. :huh: In my world anything +1 comes out! 

16 hours ago, midalake said:

Wow!!!   Good for you!   Cripes, I have never had ANY gold ring that high. :huh: In my world anything +1 comes out! 

Lol...this thing was a huge chunk of gold.

IMG_20200705_113151819_HDR.jpg

• Like 2