Machines On Small 10k Hoop Earring

I was detecting about 8 years ago when someone walking on the beach handed me a earring they just picked up on the shoreline.That was the easiest gold  I ever got. This is the test target which is  .53  grams and 3/4 inches in diameter thin  hoop yellow 10k earring that I buried a little over 4'' with open clasp which is way more difficult.I tried the GMX with a 10 sens. and boost 2 with sat in middle setting and I  got a soft signal on the target and I could lift the coil and still get it in 1  direction but in other angles it was  a little weaker.It seems you need more coil control on this machine for tough targets with the sat.This test is a pass.

• Like 2

I tried the xterra 6'' 18kz. dd coil on this earring   first in the prospect mode and I got a very weak soft signal with no room to spare. I then tried it in the coin mode in 1  tone and got a very weak soft signal with no room to spare and -8 negative  numbers constantly.The goldbug pro with 5inch coil would probably do about the same from what I hear. This test I               would call up in the air depending on the person.

Good test. The Gmx is hard to beat. Unfortunate White's is down. Maybe they will come back.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rick N. MI said:

Good test. The Gmx is hard to beat. Unfortunate White's is down. Maybe they will come back.

I have a  headphone     adapter for 1/4 inch.Whites said to  use better   headphones  for smaller  targets for GMX. I wonder what are the best headphones for GMX/24k?

With the adapter I used the White's Pro Star that worked very well.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Dances With Doves said:

What are the ohms since whites says to use greater then 60 ohm  headphones.

they are 50 OHM mylar speaker with titanium coating. I got the info from whites web site.

• Like 1

I put on the 6inch coil for nox to test  my hoop earring first in pk2 multi  freq and 22  sens. and got pretty good hit at some angles with low number id plus some iron id numbers.in 20 kz. it was  weaker and  a  ugly signal with bad id.In 40 kz.  it was a better hit with not as ugly a signal. 20 kz. was 24 sens and 40kz .was 25. I would normally  dig multi and   probably 40kz.I then put it in gold 2 and multi with 23 sens and it hit very hard with 2  inches to spare with nice id  mostly and more angles that were  better.In 20kz. at sens.  of 24 it gave a nice signal with mostly iron id.In 40 kz. at 25 sens it hit very hard with mixed id and 2 inches  to spare.i liked multi best  here and this target was easier then GMX to  work because you can move nice with short  fast swings to  isolate target. Equinox  best here in my opinion in multi gold mode.With the GMX you are not as confident in the id as the Nox since it can  wrap  around more.Still the Gmx hits it very nice when you center it in the    bulls eye. 

• Like 1

I tried the 4 by6 for the Gmx on this target and  I   barely got a hit that was hard to set  apart from some of the false signals I got.The real signals  finish there sound where false signals keep going and are not consistent. It would be tough to get this target with this coil. I tried a 1/10 grain nugget by putting it on the  ground and it hit it  over and inch.It seems this small coil is  more for surface targets for small gold.

How did the Gmx 6" concentric coil do on the earring?