New Nokta Impact Metal Detector

nokta-impact-3-frequency-metal-detector.jpg

The new Nokta IMPACT is a 3-frequency device (5kHz/14kHz/20kHz) combining  multiple detectors  and enabling a unique yet easy-to-use detector experience for new to experienced detectorists.

NOTE - THIS IS AN OLDER THREAD. The latest information on the Nokta Impact may be found here.

Impact Features:
12 Search Modes (2 non-motion, 2 all metal, 8 discrimination modes)
Advanced Discrimination & Unmasking Ability
Online Firmware Updates
Optional 2.4 GHz Wireless Headphones
Vibration
LED Flashlight

As well as all the settings users need:  Ground Balance with 3 Options (Automatic/Manual /Tracking), Notch Filter, Tone Break, Iron Audio (Fe Vol.),Audio Tone (150Hz-700Hz), iSAT, ,Magnetic Mineralization Indicator, Audio Boost, ID Normalization, Target ID Depth Level, Backlight, Factory Defaults/Save

PRICING AND AVAILABILITY 
11000701 IMPACT STANDARD PACKAGE  MSRP: $849 USD
Includes: Waterproof IM28 - DD Search Coil  28 cm x 18 cm (11'' x 7''), Headphones, 4 x AA Alkaline Batteries, USB Cable

11000702 IMPACT PRO PACKAGE  MSRP: $999 USD
Includes: Waterproof IM28 - DD Search Coil  28 cm x 18 cm (11'' x 7''), Waterproof IM19 - DD Search Coil  19 cm x 10 cm (7.5'' x 4''), Headphones, Carrying Bag, Protective Covers, Stand, Extra Lower Shaft, AC & Car Charger, 4 x AA Rechargeable Batteries, USB Cable

Optional Search Coils:
Waterproof IM40 - DD Search Coil  40 cm x 35 cm (15.5'' x 14'') 
Waterproof IM24 - DD Search Coil 24cm x 13cm (9.5'' x 5")

We are now taking the pre-orders from dealers and product will start shipping to dealers the 3rd week of March.  We will ship the orders to dealers in the order they are received. 

Should you have any questions regarding the product, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Regards,

nokta-impact-specifications-packages.jpg

Nokta had the new Impact prototype on display at a trade show in Paris and some photos showed up on Facebook. The machine is a prototype under development so you can expect changes but it is close enough in the major details they decided to show it off. Note that this is not a nugget detecting machine but a general purpose detector. It no doubt can find gold nuggets like every decent detector these days but it is not something I expect will have any "impact" on the nugget detecting scene. Still it may be a nice machine for those who want to do it all including a nugget hunt now and then. Probably next year before release I am guessing.

post-1-0-83312200-1445010030_thumb.jpeg

post-1-0-90463300-1445010042_thumb.jpeg

post-1-0-85479900-1445010061_thumb.jpeg

post-1-0-82579400-1446380239_thumb.jpeg

• Like 1

Is that an adjustable frequency setting?

Looks like they are using the Racer body?

Also, notch filtering - cool. Assuming that is the same as notch discrim? Or is it like literally a notch filter for RF/EMI filtering? Notch discrim is something I've always wanted in a gold machine but for some reason few do it. Hopefully in their new gold machines they implement it. I like the ability to filter out higher and lower VDI's, not just all the ones beneath a certain threshold. If I'm going to be running a discriminating machine it might as well have full discrim capabilities.

Straight shaft = great, should be very well balanced and ergernomic. Hidden coil lead and can be shortened for transport/carrying in the bush.

Notice the new iSAT like the new ForsGold+, this Impact will handle and track through heavy ground much better than all previous Makro/Nokta units and should be a beaut gold detector.

On 10/16/2015 at 0:28 PM, jasong said:

Is that an adjustable frequency setting?

Looks like they are using the Racer body?

Also, notch filtering - cool. Assuming that is the same as notch discrim? Or is it like literally a notch filter for RF/EMI filtering? Notch discrim is something I've always wanted in a gold machine but for some reason few do it. Hopefully in their new gold machines they implement it. I like the ability to filter out higher and lower VDI's, not just all the ones beneath a certain threshold. If I'm going to be running a discriminating machine it might as well have full discrim capabilities.

Different body; note hidden cable wire in particular. The underarm battery compartment is similar but again, this is a prototype.

The notch discriminate allows individual disc ranges to be "notched out" or rejected independently of other disc settings.

The feature set lines up closely with the F75 but with quite a few extras. I am curious about the VLX1 and VLX2 modes in particular.

The adjustable tone break and ferrous volume settings are really desirable for working ferrous trash. The missing information is what frequency does this thing operate at and can it share coils with previous Nokta product?

Hoping it's a multi-frequency machine. I see the freq shift selection on the left and then "frequency" on the right. 

We have the freq shift on the CoRe which slightly changes the freq so the machine will play nice with other things like pin pointers and other machines. Hmmmm. Time will tell.

That's what I was hoping too. I'd love something that could switch between 7khz, 14khz and 28khz inside the software.

Might be another one of those machines like the Fors Core that can double as a good prospecting machine looking at the isat and tons of new discrim modes. I've actually rediscovered my enthusiasm for coinshooting lately using my Fors Core so it's kind of nice having a machine that does both. If it had a higher frequency option I could definitely see the end of my GB2.

Anyways, bodes well for future gold-oriented machines from Nokta, definitely still a company to watch. Let's see a PI next!

• Like 1