phrunt

Minelab Equinox Keypad Cover

Thanks for that Simon.  They have some nice looking screen covers.  

• Like 1

They're very simple to put on, they can be removed and re-positioned if you stuff it up too.  And they're waterproof so they wont lose their stick under water, I really like it.

• Like 3

There's that "natural salesman", oozing out of you again Simon!!🤠🤣

👍👍

• Haha 1

My Vanquish keypad cover arrived about a week ago, I've taken a while to bother putting it on.  I made the mistake of cleaning my Vanquish off with damp toilet paper ( Sorry to the Aussies among us with a toilet paper shortage 🙂 ) and that left a bit of white residue on the Red part at the top of the control box, I'll have to clean that off,  I didn't notice it until I saw the photos.

IMG_20200716_133810.thumb.jpg.e76033af6a2cfcb25a2e3dba624043e2.jpg

See the residue up the top there 🙂 I have a few bubbles in the screen protector I put on it too, can't be bothered replacing that, plenty of spares but it's doing the job so it can stay there.  

IMG_20200716_133947.thumb.jpg.b2ab16722cbd7d1195bf9611eb003fee.jpg

All blinged up, ,it gets rid of the little chart at the top with coins and rings and so on, I find that thing completely pointless anyway.

I like the Equinox ones better but the Vanquish one is OK.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, phrunt said:

I made the mistake of cleaning my Vanquish off with damp toilet paper ( Sorry to the Aussies among us with a toilet paper shortage 🙂 ) and that left a bit of white residue on the Red part at the top of the control box

You didn't know to use 'official' Minelab TP?  And now we all realize where ML got the color for the Vanquish:

• Haha 4

Detecting 

On 6/28/2020 at 3:50 AM, phrunt said:

I settled on this Nox Keypad Cover from the UK from a place called Detecting Innovations, it arrived pretty quick, a couple of weeks with free postage.

That faux CF keypad cover design is sharp looking.  Nice

Detecting Innovations also distributes a nice collapsible shaft solution for the Equinox called Tele-Knox  It is light weight and makes a great setup for taking the Nox packing into the woods, especially if you just attach the 6" coil.  Not as robust as solutions like the collapsible Golden Mask setup and I would avoid stressing it with the 12x15 coil or water loads, but a nice setup nevertheless (though I rock a Steve's Shaft and counterweight as my everyday Equinox swing setup).  Early iterations of the design suffered from some fit up issues  such as with the arm rest.  They refined the design to resolve those issues and provided updated replacement hardware to me at no charge, so I am giving them a thumbs up on customer service in addition to having some cool accessories for the Nox.20190825_204250.jpg

• Like 2

Mine just arrived from the UK.  Took about 10 days to Montana. 

I like it a lot!  Great recommendation Simon!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Bash said:

Mine just arrived from the UK.  Took about 10 days to Montana. 

I like it a lot!  Great recommendation Simon!

If there is one thing the UK got right it's Royal Mail, it seems a fast low cost service.  I assume you got the Nox one? they're the best ones.

• Like 1