The Mighty Treasure Baron Sst

56 minutes ago, Rick Kempf said:

Yes, the plastic case knocked a couple of pounds off Compared to the Aluminum one.

Somehow I ended up with 3 of the Goldtrax units in the gold boxes with the elliptical coils - need to sell at least 2 of them

IMG_0572.jpeg

IMG_0571.jpeg

I have the Red Box Baron with 3 different modules. Truely from the mind of a genius George Payne. Hope your safe and well.

What is the frequency of the Goldtrax pictured above? I see the other is 4.2 Mhz

They both look very nice and would be fun to use.

• 4 weeks later...

4.2 MHZ is the processor . I believe most modules ran at 12kHz.

I used a Millennium CoinTrax II for a while.   Very nice performer for old school user interface.   I liked the concept of the Baron's; adding and switching models to change functionality.  They were the precursor to internet downloads.

At one time George was working on a more modern version but nothing ever came to market.

I miss JB. 

Thanks for bringing back the memories.

HH
Mike 

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

I'd like to try one of these one day.  I've almost bought one a few times when they've come up for sale, but so far, nadda.

• 1 year later...
On 4/15/2023 at 2:36 PM, RexaR said:

Can anyone tell is there anywhere to buy searchcoil for baron discovery is the 10" white coil pls send information pr link to the buy site thank you in front. 

Tough to find a ten inch.

Nice George, Barons are a rare find.  Glad to see you still have yours.

Mine are boxed up somewhere, hopefully get them unpacked someday see what survived the move. Honestly don't remember what's left, coils, modules etc? 

Stay active old friend, 

Paul

• Thanks 1