Goldseeker5000

Torn Achilles Tendon / Tendonosis Has Me Sidelined

I am pretty bummed, as I am Sidelined with achilles tendonosis, and am on workman's comp. I can't work and I can't go detecting til some time in August, if physical therapy heals it up in 6-8 weeks. If it doesn't, then I have to get it operated on to have skar tissue cut off and tendon reenforced. If that happens I will be out another 6-12 weeks with more physical therapy. I hope physical therapy does the trick this first go-around. This last trip out detecting had me in such pain that I had to use my pick as a cane, and could only take foot long strides.

• Sad 3

I’m sorry to hear that. It sucks when the mind is willing but the body does not wanting cooperate. :sad:

• Like 1

I'm bummed for you Goldseeker (Reese),

I had a couple work related 8-10 week injuries in my pre-retired life! Not fun! Even less fun, if you can't keep yourself occupied! Not to mention the workers comp people, stalking you,( compliments of my former employer) to see if you are trying to "game" the system!

But on the plus side, it's a good time to catch up on reading and research, for future areas to detect! And equipment maintenance/ accessory ordering, etc...

In some ways, this Covid thing is alot like being sidlined with an injury! We have all had to make more time for the not so fun stuff, being stuck in the house!

A few suggestions:

Lego's; still fun at any age!

Wood burning kit! Many uses!

Old picture frames; good for making collection displays of finds, and friends! 

Good old Google Maps, for aerial recon of detecting sites!

Hope that helps a little! Wishing you a fast recovery!👍👍

Thanks.

• Like 1

Oh man Reese!

Sorry to here that!  Did this happen when you were over in Avon?

No it happened several months ago, last summer while watering piles of dirt pulled out of many, many trenches for water, sewer, storm drain and electrical pipes at a 63 unit RV park my company was constructing. The backfill guy didn't like me using the side sprayers to water the piles for mixing, to get proper compaction so he wanted me to use the 2" water hose. I would stand on the hose with one foot and brace it with the other leg to take weight of hose off of my shoulders. I had no idea doing that to protect my bad shoulder would cause another limb to wear out.  Watering the piles the way he wanted it done required being on that hose for 8-10 hrs a day over a few months. He was not adept at mixing the dirt with the side sprayers which was faster and more efficient.

• Like 1
  • Oh my! 1

11 hours ago, Goldseeker5000 said:

as I am Sidelined with achilles tendonosis,

I know exactly how you feel, I have been home with a torn trap muscle in my neck and can't look down or hold the 800 more than 10 minutes at a time.

I miss being out there and really want to get back out, but I know I need to take my time and do this right to heal.

Good luck and get well soon.

• Like 1

Yep, I know what you mean. Heal up! I'll do the same.

• Like 2