My Collection Of Finds

Here are most of my good finds of the past year. I have a lot of pennies, a few dimes, 2 quarters, and 1 nickel. I saved a few old pull tabs because they were out of use before I was around. I have a button, a toy car wheel, A few bottle caps, a spoon head, a few keys, a EP co cap, a knife, and a broken toy gun. I have a few finds not shown here. Like an arrow to a bow, a game horseshoe, another toy gun, and a few older coins that went into my coin collection. The gun in the bag in from the 1950s I believe, and a picture of a mint condition one is below. The mason jar liner was un broken when I found it but I hit is with the shovel( I saved it anyway). The zinc cap was to far gone to save. Hope they are interesting to look at.

0CF09651-4805-4E6E-85DA-FCD0BAB4A072.jpeg

8C69EA7A-4704-4A3A-9040-D074C0028941.jpeg

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, TreasureHunter5 said:

The mason jar liner was un broken when I found it but I hit is with the shovel( I saved it anyway). The zinc cap was to far gone to save.

I've found several of those, too, and consistent with yours, most have come out of the hole broken.  I never know if I broke them during recovery or if they were that way when I happened upon them.  As with your experience, the zinc lids are almost always deteriorated badly enough not to be worth saving.  (And I save a lot of junk!)  On the Equinox they tend to TID somewhere in the zinc penny to aluminum screw cap range, at least when down 10 inches or so which is where I tend to find them.  The digital TID value has always surprised me since they are so large -- I expect higher.

I've found them in parks and school yards as well as in the yards of individual (private) residences.  I have a feeling people took the loaded jars in their lunchboxes and then, intentionally or not, tossed them out.  Kinda the forerunner of aluminum drink cans.  :sad:

Nice hunt. I like he toy gun.