Where To Get White’s Electronics Service In The U.S. & Canada

I lucked out. I sent in a GMT for repairs and it got to the factory the same day the dealers got the email about them closing. They called me yesterday and it's repaired and on it's way back to me.

• Like 2

Well, I figured out where my coil has the problem. It falses when any pressure is applied to the top, just to the right of the right mounting ear. So when it hits anything on the right side, the rod flexes the ear to the right, pushing down on the top surface. Also when the bottom on the right hits anything, that results in the ear pushing down on the top, and it falses from that. Without the rod mounted, and provided nothing impacts it, it works fine. That means, if Whites don't come through, I can figure out a work-around for this....might be ugly, however 🙂

Jim

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 11 months later...

Hello. Some time back I said, if I get a chance to purchse a Detech 9" Ultimate DD for my White's I'd jump on. Two weeks ago the one I ordered from Todd Marshall, Centrevilleelectronicsnw.com, arrived.

I have to say that this is a nice addition to the arsenal. Runs on the MXT & DFX, only the VX3 has to use this at 2.5 and 7.5 kHz; at 22.5 kHz it falses.

But so far it runs very smooth and I'm very impressed by this 9" DD.

Thanks a lot to Mr. Marshall. 👍😎😊

• Like 3

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...
On 6/7/2023 at 10:21 PM, Compass said:

I have corresponded with Paul and Todd of Centreville Electronics and was very impressed with their professionalism and    attention to detail. Both were apologetic that it was taking so long to get my TDI Beachhunter repaired even though I stressed that there was no urgency on my part since I have several other detectors to use. The spring is also, typically, a slower time of the year for beach finds in my area. I'm just grateful that Centreville Electronics even exists otherwise I think that this machine would only be good for spare parts. 

Todd contacted me yesterday to say that my detector had been repaired and verified that it was working properly again. My detector was no longer under warranty but the cost for parts, labor and shipping was surprisingly reasonable. My TDIBH is on its way back to me as I write this. Kudos to Todd, Paul and their associates for the important services that they provide.

I would imagine parts are getting harder to find and repairs will be NONE!! Hope not Whites was king back in the day