Sign in to follow this  
Steve Herschbach

Where To Get White’s Electronics Service In The U.S.

Now that White’s has closed the factory in Sweet Home, this is the officially designated place to have warranty work and service done in the U.S.:

Centreville Electronics
9437 Main Street
Manassas, VA 20110
(888) 645-0202
(703) 367-7999
Fax: (703) 367-0868
bobnpaul@centrevilleelectronics.net
www.centrevilleelectronics.net

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

How do overseas users obtain warranty service? White’s has no further announcement about that?

So far there has been almost no official information from White’s, including information about any other service centers being available.

I’m wondering if detector is still under warranty and sent to repair center well Whites cover cost still ?

It’s lots of dealers and distributors out there with Whites detectors in stock with accessories and they too may not be happy about this closing either.

Whites closing is like loosing a old friend being I started with them in 66 .

Chuck 

• Like 1

I gotta tell you guys, it isn't looking good on the warranty front. I called Whites on my falsing GM24K 6 x 10 2 weeks ago. They immediately sent me to Centreville. Paul at Centreville doesn't have the coils. So, he said he'd get in touch with Whites and see what they wanted to do, and call me back. Never heard anything so called Centreville this morning. Paul said to call Whites again, and talk to Todd, if possible. The auto phone answers, and there's no way to talk to Todd, and no choice for warranty service. I left a message for Jack Blanchard (the guy that originally sent me to Centreville with my problem).He has yet to call back. I'm starting to feel like a ping pong ball.

Jim

• Sad 3
  • Oh my! 1

This doesn't look good. I'm glad I'm not a dealer anymore because the existing dealers and distributors are going to take the brunt of this and be dealing with angry customers wanting answers. Hopefully they will get this all ironed out and keep what's left of there good name intact.

I haven't given up hope yet. Paul at Centreville seems like a good guy, and I'm hopeful he'll get this straightened out. The big problem is there may be no coils that aren't attached to a detector. Not sure what would happen if that was the case.

Jim

I feel sorry for the dealers, especially the international ones like in Australia.  Our laws in this part of the world including in Australia mean the dealer/retailer is now responsible for the warranty if the manufacturer goes under.  If the dealer can't replace the detector or coil out of their own stock they'll have to refund any faulty White's products at the purchase price.  The dealers that took on Whites in OZ seem to be the really little guys too.

I am so glad I put off buying a White's 24k, I've put it off for over a year mainly in protest that they don't have any dealers in NZ and importing my own would mean I'd pay at least 1/3 higher price than if I was able to buy it locally.  I did a similar protest with Nokta and that one worked! We now have a good Nokta dealer!!!  They listened to their customers.

This is looking like the Tesoro collapse all over again.  I wonder who's next.

• Like 2

Well on top of White’s closure, we have pandemic shutdowns plus 4th of July holiday. Not a good time to be trying to find people and get answers.

• Like 2

The good thing is I started early... My warranty is good through September. The bad thing is I started late... This coil was bad from the getgo, and I didn't want to be a finicky customer, so tried to live with it. I should have complained right at the start. No good deed goes unpunished, as they say.

Jim

• Like 1
  • Sad 2