Sign in to follow this  
Steve Herschbach

Where To Get White’s Service In The U.S.

Now that White’s has closed the factory in Sweet Home, this is the officially designated place to have warranty work and service done in the U.S.:

Centreville Electronics
9437 Main Street
Manassas, VA 20110
(888) 645-0202
(703) 367-7999
Fax: (703) 367-0868
bobnpaul@centrevilleelectronics.net
www.centrevilleelectronics.net

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

How do overseas users obtain warranty service? White’s has no further announcement about that?

So far there has been almost no official information from White’s, including information about any other service centers being available.

I’m wondering if detector is still under warranty and sent to repair center well Whites cover cost still ?

It’s lots of dealers and distributors out there with Whites detectors in stock with accessories and they too may not be happy about this closing either.

Whites closing is like loosing a old friend being I started with them in 66 .

Chuck 

• Like 1

I gotta tell you guys, it isn't looking good on the warranty front. I called Whites on my falsing GM24K 6 x 10 2 weeks ago. They immediately sent me to Centreville. Paul at Centreville doesn't have the coils. So, he said he'd get in touch with Whites and see what they wanted to do, and call me back. Never heard anything so called Centreville this morning. Paul said to call Whites again, and talk to Todd, if possible. The auto phone answers, and there's no way to talk to Todd, and no choice for warranty service. I left a message for Jack Blanchard (the guy that originally sent me to Centreville with my problem).He has yet to call back. I'm starting to feel like a ping pong ball.

Jim

• Sad 3
  • Oh my! 1

This doesn't look good. I'm glad I'm not a dealer anymore because the existing dealers and distributors are going to take the brunt of this and be dealing with angry customers wanting answers. Hopefully they will get this all ironed out and keep what's left of there good name intact.

I haven't given up hope yet. Paul at Centreville seems like a good guy, and I'm hopeful he'll get this straightened out. The big problem is there may be no coils that aren't attached to a detector. Not sure what would happen if that was the case.

Jim

I feel sorry for the dealers, especially the international ones like in Australia.  Our laws in this part of the world including in Australia mean the dealer/retailer is now responsible for the warranty if the manufacturer goes under.  If the dealer can't replace the detector or coil out of their own stock they'll have to refund any faulty White's products at the purchase price.  The dealers that took on Whites in OZ seem to be the really little guys too.

I am so glad I put off buying a White's 24k, I've put it off for over a year mainly in protest that they don't have any dealers in NZ and importing my own would mean I'd pay at least 1/3 higher price than if I was able to buy it locally.  I did a similar protest with Nokta and that one worked! We now have a good Nokta dealer!!!  They listened to their customers.

This is looking like the Tesoro collapse all over again.  I wonder who's next.

• Like 2

Well on top of White’s closure, we have pandemic shutdowns plus 4th of July holiday. Not a good time to be trying to find people and get answers.

• Like 2

The good thing is I started early... My warranty is good through September. The bad thing is I started late... This coil was bad from the getgo, and I didn't want to be a finicky customer, so tried to live with it. I should have complained right at the start. No good deed goes unpunished, as they say.

Jim

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Rick Kempf
      There is a thread about this over on Dankowski. After having some muck slung at me by someone over there, who, among other things accused Fisher and me of palming a “Prototype” off on the public.

• By Steve Herschbach
      This is odd. I just tripped over this clicking on the FT logo at the bottom of the Fisher Labs website. It looks new, but has a 2013 copyright date on it, and has models listed for sale that are now longer current.
      https://detecting.com/store/index.php/
      It is basically a First Texas online store, with all three brands listed - Bounty Hunter, Fisher, and Teknetics

• By Gerry in Idaho
      For almost a half century, my family and I have enjoyed your multitude models of metal detectors, 1st class Customer Support,  and such friendly people who have worked with White’s.  But most importantly, the family fun you have allowed millions of people across the globe to experience. 
      Mr White’s, from me personally… to help fulfill my childhood dreams of becoming a Treasure Hunter.  You see, our family started enjoying the MD’ing hobby about 1970.  Then a couple years later as a young eager 7 yr old skinny kid trying my hardest to push that big blue metal box across a school yard, and from there it all began for me.

Now, 40+ yrs later as an accomplished MD’erist and multi line dealer, pushing the same MD’ing passion onto as many folks as I come across, I can only wish you a fun filled and well deserved farewell.
      No reason for me to try and figure out the mistakes made, when how and or why?  As it won’t change me, the person you have already helped mold and or the career path I took.  I personally don’t care who did or didn’t do something at a certain time as we all only live 1 life on this mother earth and I feel the overall history of White’s has done a remarkable job.

I do know this is this fact.  There are many thousands of happy families and individuals out there who’ve had the pleasure of enjoying a White’s metal detector for 60+ yrs and to be honest, is an accomplishment most any other family run company would be proud of.

Am I bitter?  A little since I feel part of me is going away for good.  But when I think back of all the friendships made, MD’ing adventures traveled, the countless pictures and memories shared with your detectors in my families hands, a big grin and smile comes across my face and I just chuckle a little at what you have made of me.  Many people know, but my family knows best, I built my life around the MD’ing hobby and 30 yrs ago turned it into the most enjoyable thrilling job and career a treasure hunter could ever dream of.  Again, All I can say is a big Thanks for a lifetime of fun and dreams fulfilled.

Here is a salute to you White’s Electronics for all the great memories.

• By Steve Herschbach
      https://www.detectorprospector.com/forums/topic/12929-important-announcement-from-whites-electronics/

Important Information from White's Electronics
      June 18, 2020

To our valued White's Dealers-

This is a very difficult message to write, but the time has come for retirement from White's Electronics.

We are suspending manufacturing operations at our Sweet Home facility while we re-evaluate the future of the company. It is never easy to make these decisions, however, we are faced with the reality of intense competition in the industry and ongoing counterfeit instruments coming from China. Lastly, there have been critical material shortages since the Covid 19 shutdown that we now find insurmountable.

All of us here in Sweet Home are grateful for your service. We consider each you part of the White's extended family.

Sincerely, 

Ken White
      American Made Metal Detectors since 1950
    • By Steve Herschbach
      https://www.detectorprospector.com/forums/topic/12929-important-announcement-from-whites-electronics/

Important Information from White's Electronics
      June 18, 2020

To our valued White's Dealers-

This is a very difficult message to write, but the time has come for retirement from White's Electronics.

We are suspending manufacturing operations at our Sweet Home facility while we re-evaluate the future of the company. It is never easy to make these decisions, however, we are faced with the reality of intense competition in the industry and ongoing counterfeit instruments coming from China. Lastly, there have been critical material shortages since the Covid 19 shutdown that we now find insurmountable.

All of us here in Sweet Home are grateful for your service. We consider each you part of the White's extended family.

Sincerely, 

Ken White
      American Made Metal Detectors since 1950
    • By snakejim
      I spoke to Todd at the factory today, since I have a GMT there for repairs. They will still do repairs for the next 2 weeks; then, if you have a detector that needs repairs you will have to send it to: 
      White’s East Service Center
      Centreville Electronics
      9437 Main Street
      Manassas, VA 20110
      (888) 645-0202
      (703) 367-7999
      Fax: (703) 367-0868
      bobnpaul@centrevilleelectronics.net
      www.centrevilleelectronics.net   I would still call the factory first, just to be safe! Best wishes to all! snakejim