The half moon is 14 kt. the first letters and numbers are the style number. They were quite common a few years ago, but today still worth some money. I have seen them on Ebay around $150 in the past few months.

Great finds and good luck on your next trip out.

• Like 3

You've been doing great- congrats on another fine hunt!

• Like 1

Nice finds!

• Like 1

20 hours ago, 2Valen said:

The half moon is 14 kt. the first letters and numbers are the style number. They were quite common a few years ago, but today still worth some money. I have seen them on Ebay around $150 in the past few months.

Great finds and good luck on your next trip out.

I really appreciate the info.  I thought it might be a code that meant plated. I did file a section today with a coarse file and than I rubbed it on my stone and it held 14k acid.

19 hours ago, Compass said:

You've been doing great- congrats on another fine hunt!

I’m trying hard to get my gold count up since I lost so many good days during the shutdown. 

• Like 1

That 14k Half Moon is beautiful.I love the back...Very cool ..

Although I do love finding gold and it does make for a happier trip home. I see the exercise and mental side of detecting as the most important..I think the time we were locked in place sure did not help most of us...I gained 10 pounds, but getting back down..5 more to loose..

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Joe Beechnut OBN said:

That 14k Half Moon is beautiful.I love the back...Very cool ..

Although I do love finding gold and it does make for a happier trip home. I see the exercise and mental side of detecting as the most important..I think the time we were locked in place sure did not help most of us...I gained 10 pounds, but getting back down..5 more to loose..

Detecting sure does make you forget everything else in life for those few hours. The way it works for me is if I find gold the boost kicks in and I keep going for a little longer 👍 If I don’t find anything good I quit after 5hrs or so. If it wasn’t for detecting some of us would be in much rounder shape 🥴 HH

• Like 1

Nice piece of gold there Sir!

Agreed Seeker, even if you dont find much, even a little bit of gold is worth the hunt. Last weekend I made the mistake of going out to the lake on Sunday. After 3hrs all I had to show for my efforts was a quarter, .22 short and junk earring. Just wasn’t finding the targets. The little kids and obnoxious people got the best of me and had to bail. Oh well, there’s always relic hunting!

Aaron