Excalibur Gold...#56 For The Year 14.74 Gram

Man that's a honker!  GaryC/Oregon Coast

• Like 1

Great find Joe,

I hope you have your shark deterrent on! That's a long way out to get any help!😬

I don't know if they really work! The detector may overpower any wearable deterrent!!  Or if detectors attract, or repel them! There is some evidence that PI's can attract sharks from up to a nautical mile away, and cause them to be aggressive! But there is info going both ways!🦈👍👍

• Like 1

Ah the Excalibur is still such a good workhorse.......hopefully my horse will be up and running soon.....thanks to Joe 👍

Nice chunk of gold too !

• Like 1

Great find!

Norm

• Like 1

Beautiful find Joe- congrats! Must have been down there a while to be in such great condition.

• Like 1

Nice hunt to find that and hope things get better for you.

• Like 1

I don't quite get your terminology but I get your results!  Well done.

If this is #56 for this year how many is it for your career?  

Mitchel

• Like 1

Nice heavy ring Joe! I know your Excalibur is really hot but is it just custom earphones and a different coil or have some of the electronic components been changed too? Thanks

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Similar Content

• By Againstmywill
      Was out to the local park on the football field. It just rained a couple days back, so the ground was moist. Usually these conditions mean that deep wheat pennies or silver is easier to get to. Today I hit a 33 in Park 1, recovery 4, 50 tone, and all metal. I thought there was a possibility of a silver quarter, but to my surprise there was a silver ring instead. Looks like it may be from the 1940s. It was resting on top of a clay layer under the sandy surface. I think there were 3 wheat pennies, but they are very crusted with sand.

• By Againstmywill
      Out to some softball fields and surrounding grass patches for a few hours today. I was kind of cherry picking my way today because there were a lot of signals in the ground with the 15" on the Equinox running in Park 1, 7 recovery, 50 tones, and all metal. I was listening for high tones after I dug low numbers for the first half hour. There are many items in this ground that give over a 30 signal, so discernment is critical.
      The two aluminum tokens were not close to each other, but the dates are so close in time that it is uncanny.
      The ring is the heaviest silver that I have ever found. Its numbers alternated between 30-32. After thinking it was going to be a piece of flashing, it was a pleasant surprise! There is a screenshot of a ring with the same weight by the same maker on ebay right now.
      Lots of quarters and dimes today, one nickel, and mostly copper pennies.
      One more thing...it was cold. The weather today in Florida was in the 50's! No need to throw pennies my way northerners, just sharing my trials of life.🙂 

• By cuniagau
      I would like to thank the donner of this 583 earring for my first AU find of 2021.  Beach find Jan 5.  The AQ hit it hard!!!

• By Joe Beechnut OBN
      First out for the year, found a spot that has cuts that are over my head. I know how they got there but best I hold on that for now. One thing for sure targets are every where, on the top shelf, down the slope, and in the bottom. Just have to wait for a better tide so I can hunt the whole bottom and not worry about sliding down the slope. Most targets are shallow. First gold was maybe 12 inch's? Going to be interesting to see how long this spots stays intact-ed. I knew something was up and one reason I took the Excalibur for I had no clue on what I would be walking into. I am debating on taking the 8 inch on the "AQ" next trip. Seems to be no trash at all....
      Three hour hunt, 1916 Class Ring and 1929 Class ring. 4 Silvers, which are eaten bad by the brackish waters of the Chesapeake Bay. Water is just dipping into the high 30's, full hunt I was toasty but Need to make some adjustments to my gloves, left glove is like wearing a sock.. No mobility.

• By Slimpickuns
      Went out last night for a low tide wet sand hunt with the AQ. Got to the beach a little late, tide was already coming in so I was only able to hunt for about 2:30 hrs before the swells took over the slope. Pretty sanded in conditions but still managed a little clad and hit a surprise 2.2 gram 18k white gold diamond half band about 2 scoops down on the upper slope. Also pulled out a 1957D wheatie at some point. Took a pic of the settings I was running, I was in All-Metal for the entire hunt. 
      Have I mentioned I'm a big fan of OBN's Big Battery? 😁

• By CCadrin
      I got out for a night water hunter yesterday. I had hit a bunch of lead targets and the usual garbage.   I did score a nice 10k ring at about 8 inches. It was easily heard with a short signature.   I also hit a 14k gold chain and charm. My guess it was around 5 to 6 inches. It came up with the first scoop and the chain was exposed. It sounded like another lead fishing weight.   Some of the fishing weights were over 12" and clearly can be heard.   I just love this machine.