Aquachigger Apex Video

Typical multi-century old homestead?  Noting that it's still occupied, they didn't stop tossing trash recently just to make it easy to recover the old stuff.  I didn't notice anything in his pile that was prior to 20th Century, but you know it's there.

Here's a Hoover Boys video where they show more Apex beeping than in the AquaChigger video, and definitely score much nicer finds, although I think only the lead guy (one shooting the video) is using the Apex:

Gotta say, I wonder why these guys (both videos) don't just take a grinding wheel on a portable drill out there to ID their finds.  (Just to be clear, yes, I'm being sarcastic.)

So far I am not impressed with the field testers..... Hoover boys make some pretty cool finds but the apex vid quite frankly ... SUCKED.

Aquachiger...... Well about all I can say is I think he is an idiot.. I can't stand his vids. and the way he goes about his hunts and comments.... He would not be allowed to do the crap he does in most areas.

Lets see some decent field testing................... Less BS and more detecting.

• Like 1

Most YouTube videos are aimed at being entertaining rather than being in depth analysis of a detectors features and performance. One reason I do not do videos is that in order to do one the way I want it would take, and I’m not joking, probably about 30 to 50 hours to shoot the video and edit it in such a way that I would feel like I had really done the job well. In my case I may spend 8 hours driving back and forth plus gas money just to run a detector at a particular location, camping overnight to get in a couple days of field use and comparisons with other detectors on found targets. It takes multiple locations to get the full picture. And some manufacturer thinks I’m going to do all that just for a free detector I don’t need anyway? Or to chase eyeballs on a YouTube channel in hopes the ad revenue will pay for the time and effort? That in a nutshell is why the very best videos are never going to get made anymore. The people watching want everything to be free, and the manufacturers are not willing to pay for the real deal. In fact they don’t care about in depth information as much as content that just draws eyeballs, no matter how offbeat or silly it is.

That said I appreciate any videos anybody does take the time to do videos for people to watch for free. As far as the content... you get what you pay for. At least they are bothering at all, which is more than I can say about me! :smile:

• Like 4