phrunt

Fisher F-Pulse Vs Nokta Pulse Dive

I am in a pickle, I wanted a new TRX but now White's is gonners and international shipping is terribly unreliable due to the virus I need to buy local. 

My preference was a pin pointer that would be better than the Garrett Pro Pointer AT on small gold, the TRX seemed the best for this purpose although I own a TRX already and was disappointed as I felt my Carrot AT was just as good as it on small gold so I've questioned it's authenticity seeing I bought it off Ebay.  I still don't know if it's fake, it doesn't look fake, but that does not mean much these days.

Anyway, my options are a Nokta Pulse Dive which I know will suck for small gold being designed as a beach pin pointer and the Fisher F-Pulse.

Now seeing I'm not going to get my wish for a more sensitive to small gold pin pointer than my Carrot AT, which pin pointer is going to be best for coins, especially when it comes to depth in MILD soils.

Both are PI, and both are available at my local dealer.

I want to hear from owners of both which they think is best for coins.  I will eventually use it as a beach pin pointer too as I am going to take up beach detecting sometime over winter while the beaches are empty.

I like the Pulse Dive has a coil option as I'd probably use that beach detecting while swimming in OZ on my next trip but it's not important, depth is the most important attribute I guess seeing small gold sensitivity isn't going to be a factor, unless either is better than the Carrot At.

Also does the F-Pulse save settings as in all honestly, after reading the manual it's an absolute butt hole at changing settings, 9 presses of a button to get the setting I would want.  If I had to do this every time I turn it on I'd throw it in the bin.  Reading the comments here didn't really excite me and sounds like the TRX is better, didn't give me a lot of confidence, sounded like a VLF would be better but harder to make..... took the easy way out?...... https://md-hunter.com/fisher-f-pulse-review-in-practice-opinions/

Although those who know me well will know I appreciate this was written in the manual..... I appreciate honesty, especially when it comes to this sort of thing

F-pulse.jpg.103014beccdf0cf8e86a55ab780d66a5.jpg

That was an image from the manual here http://www.fisherlab.com/hobby/manuals/MPPFXP-FPulse.pdf

Thanks for any help. 

• Like 1

The TRX has 4 sensitivity levels .....#4 is way to high ....#2 is weak ....#3 is the sweet spot.....funny it’s not in the TRX manual?.....gotta go to Utube for instructions on how to do this. Some say running the 9 volt battery gives more power ? 

The Fisher,  as long as you don’t remove the Batteries it will keep its settings.  On The Fisher make sure you (Calibrate) the Fisher often  while hunting  (It’s in the manual)...... I had to do this quite a bit or the Fisher will run unstable. 

Both are great pin-pointers with about the same depth & performance. 

• Like 1

I've posted this before and I'll post it again in case anybody missed it. Hope it helps.

1655152478_WhitesTRX_Extended_User_Manual.pdf

• Like 1

6 hours ago, phrunt said:

I am in a pickle, I wanted a new TRX but now White's is gonners and international shipping is terribly unreliable due to the virus I need to buy local. 

My preference was a pin pointer that would be better than the Garrett Pro Pointer AT on small gold, the TRX seemed the best for this purpose although I own a TRX already and was disappointed as I felt my Carrot AT was just as good as it on small gold so I've questioned it's authenticity seeing I bought it off Ebay.  I still don't know if it's fake, it doesn't look fake, but that does not mean much these days.

Anyway, my options are a Nokta Pulse Dive which I know will suck for small gold being designed as a beach pin pointer and the Fisher F-Pulse.

Now seeing I'm not going to get my wish for a more sensitive to small gold pin pointer than my Carrot AT, which pin pointer is going to be best for coins, especially when it comes to depth in MILD soils.

Both are PI, and both are available at my local dealer.

I want to hear from owners of both which they think is best for coins.  I will eventually use it as a beach pin pointer too as I am going to take up beach detecting sometime over winter while the beaches are empty.

I like the Pulse Dive has a coil option as I'd probably use that beach detecting while swimming in OZ on my next trip but it's not important, depth is the most important attribute I guess seeing small gold sensitivity isn't going to be a factor, unless either is better than the Carrot At.

Also does the F-Pulse save settings as in all honestly, after reading the manual it's an absolute butt hole at changing settings, 9 presses of a button to get the setting I would want.  If I had to do this every time I turn it on I'd throw it in the bin.  Reading the comments here didn't really excite me and sounds like the TRX is better, didn't give me a lot of confidence, sounded like a VLF would be better but harder to make..... took the easy way out?...... https://md-hunter.com/fisher-f-pulse-review-in-practice-opinions/

Although those who know me well will know I appreciate this was written in the manual..... I appreciate honesty, especially when it comes to this sort of thing

F-pulse.jpg.103014beccdf0cf8e86a55ab780d66a5.jpg

That was an image from the manual here http://www.fisherlab.com/hobby/manuals/MPPFXP-FPulse.pdf

Thanks for any help. 

have you ever tried to do the factory reset on your trx? maybe that would bring it up to par.

Not totally sure but aren't the pi pinpointers less sensitive to tiny gold than the vlf's?

I have been using the ML Profind 35 and found using the lithium batteries it is very reliable. I think it is the only one with iron detection as well but at distance you can get an iron flutter on a good object. My only beef with that now is it freaks out my Sea Hunter and MK when set to 5 or 14khz.

• Like 2

I like the F-Pulse/Tek Point pinpointers so much that I have two. They have taken a beating and can be overly sensitive and hard to tame in very high mineralization. I keep mine set on Max sensitivity most of the time and can easily detect coin sized, in the ground objects at almost 4 inches. Doing a calibration on wet or high mineralized soil is easy. Learning the 9 separate button pushes for the settings is fairly easy too (I learned it and I am an idiot, basically). 

I have never used a TRX. 

I have used the Garrett ATs and they are not as sensitive to small gold or as deep as the F-Pulse/Tek-Point. I get 2.5 to 3" depth in my dirt.

I have never used a Minelab pinpointer.

I have used the Nok/Mak pinpointers including the PulseDive. It is a good pinpointer but is more in the Garrett range for sensitivity.

I really like the XP Mi-4 and Mi-6 pinpointers and have even learned how to use them. The Mi-6 linked to the Deus or ORX is much more complicated than the F-Pulse) They are more sensitive to small gold but not as deep as the F-Pulse on coin sized objects.

Many of the electrical components for the F-Pulse/Tek-Point are made just across the border from El Paso TX. FTP is very proud of this collaboration and should include a Mexican flag in their add too in my opinion. Same for my Chevy Cruze!!!!!!

just my experience in my dirt.

jeff

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, Jeff McClendon said:

FTP is very proud of this collaboration and should include a Mexican flag in their add too in my opinion.

That would be a neat addition, but FTP is trying to sell more products, not less.

Both the TRX and the F/Tek points save the settings when turned off.

HH

Mike

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well Simon,

I just got the PulseDive a few days ago with the 4 and 8 inch coils! As well as the pinpointing tip! I plan on using it for beach and water hunting later in the summer when the waves are low! My water is relatively clear here, since I'm close to the Gulfstream! And the beaches here are turning into a sterile hunting environment, due to Covid, and renurishment! I plan on moving into the water alot more! And i am gearing up for this eventuality! (Gotta generate some finds/funds, to afford an AQ)!💰

So far, i really like the versatility of the kit! Can't wait to get out with it! I have alot of local knowledge of places i can hunt with it exclusively!! No big detector! We shall see, when i get the rest of my gear! I'll let you know how it goes!👍👍

• Like 2

ML Profind 35 on max will pick up a 0.44 gram lead pellet at 1cm.

• Like 1