Colonel Dan's Detector Rack

Thats a nice setup that you have made,i carry all mine in the boot as us Brits call it lol,mine is always covered up in the rear of my 4x4 and out of sight of possible thieving scumbags looking for another fix.I have a substantial amount tied up in detectors and also all the equipment but if it was stolen then although covered by insurance i doubt that i would get the true value back.

My reasoning is that if i am say on one of my permissions i park up and could walk prehaps15-20 minutes to the field/s that i am detecting on,it only takes some nosey person to look through the window and see some expensive equipment laying 'uncovered' in the back of the tuck and it would be gone in seconds.Hence the reason i keep everything covered,of course if someone want to break in and look around then they would of course find them.But always better to take some precations.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Nice, secure set up. My set up is not so neat 😄 I pile everything in the trunk. Since I bring everything I think I would ever need for 10 hunts, it packs nicely against each other. No room to move at all 🙄

• Haha 1

I thought about making something like that, but in my neck of the woods someone would walk by see it and break in to make a couple of bucks.

I have started making a case that will hook to the clothes hooks on my vehicle so I can insert my detectors and close the back hatch. All I have to do is loosen the shaft, turn the handle 90 degrees and slide it in.

That way when people look in they see an empty vehicle and my seats can stay in the upright position.

When I get it done I will post it on here and give the plans for it.

• Like 3

Well done Dan and thanks for sharing your ideas with some pics.

I don't have pics but will tell you this.  3 of us run around in a 4 wheeler side by side and what we found that works well for the detectors is a bicycle rack that slides into the back of a trailer hitch.  Most side by side ATV's now have a slide in on the back and the bike rack will easily go it.  Then we have spaces with rubber straps to hold 4 detectors that are not in contact with each other.  Sure they get a little dusty or wet if it rains, but we have not had any problems yet.

Thanks again for sharing.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, 2Valen said:

That way when people look in they see an empty vehicle and my seats can stay in the upright position.

Same trick I use since ten years ago.

I found two times broken passenger's glass in a remote area where I hunted multiple times.

Never leave visible stuff when You leave the car to go far from it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1