Sign in to follow this  
mn90403

14 Sovereigns

She was looking for gold nuggets in the Golden Triangle and found these instead ...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8472753/Amateur-metal-detector-finds-FOURTEEN-extremely-valuable-sovereign-coins.html

• Like 3

That's a good story, and obviously a genuine one.  Very nice find.

Nice story and thank you for posting it, it looks like an Equinox detector, but I might be wrong.

(From the article:)

sovereigns.thumb.jpg.914f2da6d5abd9680cbd75ac18ef0d6c.jpg

Tell her to move that pick farther away from her finds.  She's making me nervous!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By normmcq
      I went back to an area that I had been over with my 3030 at least two times, this time with the NOX 800 and came away with this nice Barber. It wasn't deep, just next to a piece of trash too close for the CTX to separate. 
                                                                                                              Norm

• By Bash
      So I've been getting a lot of clad coins with both the Equinox and the Vanquish 440 in the local parks, but even in the older ones, silver coins have escaped me for a couple of months now.  In between thunderstorms this afternoon, I hit the neighbor's parking strip, and in less than ten minutes, I pulled two silvers and a wheatie!  My first silver quarter, AND my first Canadian silver. The quarter is pretty trashed, but I'm glad just the same!
      Felt good to break the slump!

• By George Kinsey
      Most I found and a few were collected.

• By TreasureHunter5
      A mile stone in my metal detecting hobby, my first wheat penny. I found it today in my yard near my driveway, at the edge of my property. I though it would be a memorable penny(just like the rest of the pennies I found in my yard) but it turned out to be wheat. A 1942 D to be exact. The house was built in 1940, so it was there most likely ever since. I am glad to have it. I cleaned the dirt off with dawn and a paper towel. Do you think it needs to be cleaned more or is it nice the way it looks? 

• By The Seeker
      Hit the beach for a few hours and got some silver for the pile. Conditions weren’t good which seems to be the norm lately since there have been no waves. All my silver was found in the dry sand after giving up on the wet. I don’t know if the stone on the silver ring is a ruby but it gave me 5 bars on my diamond tester.  Thanks for looking and happy hunting.

• By CmonNow
      Four inches down, rang 26-28 on the Equinox. Found at a fairgrounds.

It has some dings and dents, so I think it was stepped on or hit by an old-time lawn mower or something. Some tarnish too. Still has fairly good detail.  (The grid behind it is half-inch squares.)

Also found a very green 1928 wheatie and half a dozen clad and pennies.

Oh, and I found a couple pieces of cut/shaped flint in a couple of my holes. Look like small hide scrapers/blades. Must have been some native activity on that spot back in the day.