Garrett Clearsound Vs Ms-2 Headphones

Thread split from here

You mention the Garrett headphones -- specifically the ClearSound model mating well with the MDT in terms of good audio.  Those are on-ear type and a lot of detectorists prefer over-ear.  Have you tried their MS-2 model, which is only $10 more?  I wonder if they use the same speakers or if Garrett just buys various 3rd party headphones and puts their logo on them, in which case probably not.

I have some MS-2's and for the price ($30-$35 including shipping in USA) they are quite good, IMO.  I still prefer Sunray Pro Golds (standard version and Minelab compatible version) because for one thing they fit tighter and thus block out ambient noise better.  On the downside they cost about $100 more.

• Like 2

Has anyone used one or both of those beaches and have any comment? The MS-2 in particular seems like a great value to me, having all the features of headphones costing three or four times as much. But do the have the sound and durability? 

41A22E60-DBBF-49AA-B196-71DA2F15038A.jpeg
F45445F8-1C8A-41AD-871B-5D43688FCADE.jpeg

7EFFA8C4-DF0F-422C-8BA9-28936164FDE5.jpeg

FB35CDFB-10C7-45F4-B94F-28B40C23DA3A.jpeg

3 hours ago, GB_Amateur said:

Your video work is already a lot better than many I've seen.  But improvements are of course welcome.

You mention the Garrett headphones -- specifically the ClearSound model mating well with the MDT in terms of good audio.  Those are on-ear type and a lot of detectorists prefer over-ear.  Have you tried their MS-2 model, which is only $10 more?  I wonder if they use the same speakers or if Garrett just buys various 3rd party headphones and puts their logo on them, in which case probably not.

I have some MS-2's and for the price ($30-$35 including shipping in USA) they are quite good, IMO.  I still prefer Sunray Pro Golds (standard version and Minelab compatible version) because for one thing they fit tighter and thus block out ambient noise better.  On the downside they cost about $100 more.

Hello!

Yes I prefer the over the ear type too for water hunting. I usually use Tony Isenhauers, though I wish they could be louder. No, I haven’t tried the other Garrett’s. I do have the SunRays, they’re my favorite land phones for 10yrs now. Can’t use them w the Tarsacci as they have 1/4 plug. The Garrett were also 1/4 but I modded it to 1/8, I don’t like using adapters. Thanks a lot!

Aaron

• Like 1

On 7/1/2020 at 8:37 AM, Steve Herschbach said:

Great job on the video and the ring Aaron!

Well as you know Steve, I really like them and use them for both land and sometimes water. They work especially good with the compressed Tarsacci audio. You’ll hear little nuances a lot better. They’re also really comfortable and you hardly notice them on your head. Also in the hot summer weather your ears won’t sweat as much!

Aaron