Transmitter For A Wm08 ( Nox Wifi Receiver) For A 2300

My question is not a substitute for the WM08 , what I would like to do its match it with a non ML Transmitter, is anything available?

Background:

Wifes 2300 did not come with Bluetooth Headphones like the Nox or a better, the Z's WM12 speaker with Headphone jack. I have set up an ebay Bluetooth Transmitter on the 2300 and a ebay Bluetooth receiver connected to the dealer supplied amplifier carried in her back pack to drive a speaker on her shoulder. The Transmitter and Receiver are the Bluetooth V2.1 + EDR which I understand is faster with less latency that the Bluetooth V4 or V5 but use more power than the V4 or V5 versions, so am not sure whether a charge on these small units will last a day.

So am wondering if anybody has come across a transmitter than will drive the WMO8 so can use it on the 2300 ( ie with a longer detecting use)

My Transmitter and receiver is similar to the item below

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Mini-3-5MM-Bluetooth-Transmitter-Stereo-Audio-Music-Adapter-For-TV-Phone-PC-AU/264413046661?_trkparms=aid%3D1110001%26algo%3DSPLICE.SIM%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20190606144518%26meid%3D633c1a5c76af41c7ad83ca088d9075bc%26pid%3D101072%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D12%26sd%3D303247817326%26itm%3D264413046661%26pmt%3D1%26noa%3D1%26pg%3D2546172&_trksid=p2546172.c101072.m2109

Peter

No there is no available transmitter for the Equinox WM08. The transmitters are built into the Equinox.

Minelab use there own proprietary wifi systems & each one is different i.e. WM08, WM12, Pro Sonic. 

It would make far too much sense to make them compatible, which would then allow the transmitter from the Pro Sonic to be sold separately & used with the WM08 or 12 on other detectors too. 🙄

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, PeterInSa said:

Hi Am, I realise that a transmitter is built into the Nox,  just wondered if someone has come across a Wifi unit that would hand shake with the WM08.

He answered your question.  The Wi-Stream wireless protocol used to communicate between EQX and the WM08 is Minelab proprietatary and nether Minelab nor any third parties have offered a standalone transmitter compatible with the WM08.  Only the transmitters bulit into the EQX are compatible.  Same is true for the wireless Wi Stream receiver modules used for the CTX (WM10) and GPZ, no cross model compatibility (another non-sensical, frustrating business decision by ML).  Even the standalone Pro Sonic Wi Stream Receiver/Transmitter kit is only compatible with its own receiver/transmitter hardware even though all of the above wireless products use the Wi Stream protocol.

• Like 1

I realised ML had their own patented Wifi Transmiiters ( in their detectors) and Receivers but did not appreciate that the Wi-Stream Protocol was proprietary as well.

As one WiFi 2,4Ghz Transmitter on the market uses a 34 channel frequency hopping transmission to get crystal clear audio. Ml could use different Frequencies, any number of Channel hops with variable timing for there proprietary hand shake.

Just a pity there is not an ML option of a WM08 Transmitter.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Similar Content

• By MichelleFl
      Hi all,
      My husband and I like to go metal detecting together, but with the one detector - 1 finds the spot the other digs.  We would like to be able to connect 2 headphones to the Equinox 600. I see I could get a WM08 to pair one set of headphones to the device. And if we wanted two bluetooth devices, I believe we would have to have two modules.  But in addition to the paired wireless set can we plug a second set in to the same module, so the person with the detector has a wired connection and the second person has a wireless one , only needing one module?

Thanks in advance.

Michelle

• By Badger-NH
      If it comes with waterproof headphones, why would I want those?
      I'll probably want to go wireless.
      Even if I did decide to go in the water, why can't I use what I have or choose what I want?

• By rob baum
      I bought a house in meadview about 4 years ago.  Every couple months when I go there I try to get over to gold basin to do some detecting or drywashing.  It took me a couple years to find my first nugget out there and its been a couple of years since then and I havent found another.  I swing an SDC and I've read people have done pretty good out there with that model.  I find plenty of lead and boot tacks a inch or two down but not much deeper than that.   What settings are people using out there?  How deep down are people finding the gold?  Would I be better off with a  different model that can go deeper?  I'm not very confident in my abilities since I learned this machine on my own and have only found 2 pieces in the 4 years and dozens of times I've used it.  Any advice would be appreciated. 
    • By Steve Herschbach
      The GPX 6000 comes with a new Minelab ML 100 wireless headphone. Like the older ML 80 that comes with Equinox, these can also be plugged into the detector directly if the charge runs out, or if you want no lag at all - go wired!
      The big difference appears to be a more robust metal yoke design, along with a much larger padded ear muff. It also appears to have the same waterproof 1/8" adapter as is used with Equinox, but this time supplied with the detector. 👍🏼

New Minelab wireless headphones for GPX 6000 (and Equinox?)

New Minelab wireless headphone oversized ear muffs

Minelab ML 100 headphone instructions
    • By NCtoad
      Minelab has come out with a new more robust aptx ll headphones designed for their new gpx 6000 gold detector.  I contacted them to see if these will work with the equinox and they will.  

• By Gerry in Idaho
      Here's the 1st video Minelab USA did for TV.  You might know the English sounding dude from FL.
      What's interesting is we were able to see Minelab Mine Detector as it turned into a gold detector.
      The comments towards the end about seeing what's in the ground before you dig it, I'm still waiting.
      Do you feel, we'll see a detector that can actually see the item or at least the shape of it with any accuracy and if so how long out?