Is It Really Better? You Decide.

Some posters on other forums rightly questioned whether the Gold SPOT™ Treasure Scoop was really any better than a regular treasure scoop.  Well I already knew the answer to that question.  You see for a year I have been working on the Gold SPOT™ design.  I played with it I re-designed it, I proto-typed it 5 times.  I wanted a design that would speed up nugget recovery and make it easier to keep the nugget in the scoop and not lose it.

Remember, I'm the guy who had a catastrophic failure with the SAGA swing arm, and within days of release I recalled them all from the field.   They just did not perform as they were supposed to.  I went back to the drawing board and sunk thousands more dollars into re-designing and perfecting the SAGA™.  I won't sell something unless I know it is a significant improvement over anything on the market.

But just to show you what I already know, I decided to do a little impromptu video, an experiment.  The video is unedited, except for the very end where I panned across an invoice with a customer's address on it that was sitting on the shipping table, I clipped that out.  Watch the Gold SPOT™ in action and see what you think.

Not to over-hype the Gold SPOT™ but one of the unique features of this scoop is that you can "HEAR" the gold.  I know that sounds like an outrageous claim, but let me explain.  When you get down to a small amount of dirt in a regular scoop along with a nugget and you agitate the scoop back and forth, the nugget does nothing but slide back and forth on the smooth bottom of the scoop.  When you get down to a small amount of dirt in the Gold SPOT™ along with the nugget and you agitate the scoop the nugget rattles back and forth in the trough or channel clicking against the sides of the channel.  Cool, right? 

I know we are getting quite a few Gold SPOTs™ out in the field and I would like to hear some feedback.  Although if you are like me you are probably staying in out of the heat.  -Doc

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, phrunt said:

One more like a spade digger bucket.

Simon I know exactly what you are talking about, as I have the same problems in the creeks that I have done around my neck of the woods. It would be so good to have a nice flat scoop to use. Right now I have to buy 4 or 5 plastic shovels for a child's  sand box just to make it a season to get the gold. One of these days someone will make them in different styles that are useful for us.

For small nuggets sitting on bedrock covered by a thin layer of dust and dirt,  try one of the small "hand Bellows" sold on amazon along with a good set of tweezers. 

• Like 1

By the way for my international customers, here's a sharp stick in the eye, and then some eye drops to sooth the sting.

To order one Scoop the shipping to Australia is $33.  OUCH!

However, if you have friends who want a scoop you can order 6 scoops for the same $33 shipping.  Crazy right?

Well the thing is 7 ounces to 32 ounces is the same price, $33.  One scoop with packaging weighs 6 and change ounces so I have to round it up to 7 ounces and 6 scoops with packaging weighs 31 ounces. So 6 scoops would be only $5.50 per scoop.  (Eye Drops)

That is about the same shipping cost per scoop as it is here in the U.S.  It averages about $5.35.

So get your friends together.

Doc

best scoop out there is the one that comes with the Goldmonster.....nice and pointed with a flat spot and does as good as any on bedrock cracks.  I've heard, but don't know myself, that Minelab does NOT sell the scoop seperately?  JMHO.....

On 7/1/2020 at 11:46 PM, phrunt said:

What I wish for in a scoop is a flat front on it rather than curved

Couldn't you just cut it square? You're quite handy from what I see...

2 hours ago, oneguy said:

best scoop out there is the one that comes with the Goldmonster.....nice and pointed with a flat spot and does as good as any on bedrock cracks.  I've heard, but don't know myself, that Minelab does NOT sell the scoop seperately?  JMHO.....

I got a  piece of wire stuck up in the area inside the Minelab scoop where the handle is molded into the bowl of the scoop, and spent 10 minutes trying to figure out why a scoop that looked empty was giving me a target sound.  I have also had rocks get stuck up in therre.  I would like it better if they had molded the handle on the outside of the scoop.  You may like it because of the pointed tip, it is similar to many gardening trowels.

Of course that was before I had Glaucoma surgery and Cataract surgery so maybe I could see a piece of wire now.  😀

Doc

• Like 1