First Silver After The CTX

Great find!! Congrats!!!

32 minutes ago, normmcq said:

...The NOX 800... came away with this nice Barber. It wasn't deep, just next to a piece of trash too close for the CTX to separate.

Nice dime, Norm, but it's mssing your state's mintmark!  (Just looked in the Redbook -- 1901-S is one of the lowest mintage and most valuable issues.)  Were you using the 11 inch coil on the Eqx?  Always interesting to hear/see evidence of separation.  I wonder how good the Garrett Apex is going to be with separation.  That's the one thing that could convince me to buy one.

GB

Yes I was using the 11 inch, same as I was using on the CTX

Norm

• Like 2

Great find Norm, I find the 800 to be great at finding items next to trash that others have missed.

Good luck on your next hunt and stay safe out there.

• Like 1

Another great save Norm...I still have my CTX I'll use it in bottle cap infested areas at parks...it is slow compared to the nox and I'm waiting minelab to come up with a faster version..the CTX was my right hand detector for a long time. Lisa and I are trying to figure out when we can make it up north...

strick

• Like 1

Great find Norm... I sold my 3030 also to get a NOX 800. I have found twice as much with the 800 than I did with my 3030...

dave

• Like 2