Orx Had A Seizure Tonight

I stopped for a bit of detecting after work and set up my Orx which I have in a backpack. I have 2 Orx set-ups which means two WSAudio headphones and two Mi6  pinpointers, and I had the PP paired to the other Orx so I had to remove the Mi6 currently paired to the remote and pair the one I had on me. So having done that I turned the pp on to locate a target. At this time the remote went to the   
pinpointer screen and then started just beeping strangely and not working. I turned off the pinpointer but the remote stayed on the pinpointer screen beeping. I tried turning off the remote power but it would not power down - it said

Turn Off   Turn Off 
but holding the power button would not turn it off but It would just Go back to the pinpoint screen. Nothing was working to turn it off and stop the beeping but eventually pressing the top right arrow button got it out of pinpoint mode and I was then able to power down. When I turned it back on everything was back to normal and I was able to detect.    Anyone’s guess as to what the problem was, but if it happens again I’m going to contact XP service center

( does anyone have the phone and email for them in case I need to contact them?). 
 Has any Orx or Deus user had a similar thing happen?  
 Glad I have 2 machines in case one goes out for service  

Enjoy the Independence Day weekend  HH 

You probably should avoid swapping components between the two setups (especially the pinpointers) as you may be "confusing" the control module (perhaps the other pinpointer was not completely unpaired from the module or glitched during the unpairing process, who knows - but it just sounds like a recipe for confusion).  Kind of a first world problem for those of us who can afford two or more complete ORX setups, I suppose.

Anyway, there is no email but the contact address and phone number are:

Detector Electronics Corp.
23 Turnpike Road
Southboro, MA 01772
508-460-6244

The support web page is: https://www.xpmetaldetectorsamericas.com/xp-service-and-repairs

Or if you misplace this bookmark just google XP Americas...not so hard.

Happy 4th Relicmeister.

• Like 3

Chase

You’re right about not switching around components. 
Pretty sure You’re also right that the already paired unit hadn’t fully unpaired before attempting to pair the other one as I’ve since done it at home to the other remote and it takes several seconds for it to go back to the detect screen. I already had labels on the remote and headphones that are paired together, and now the pinpointers are labeled as well so there won’t be any mixing. Getting another Orx wasn’t necessary, but wanted to add the elliptical hf coil and I got a phenomenal deal on the second machine. 
    Thanks for the service provider info. 

Believe me, I have acquired enough spare components (headphones, coils) for two Deus Setups because the headphones and remote are separable and got the ORX remote and headphones used and just paired them with my 3 existing Deus coils so I guess I could have up to 3 separate setups counting Orx, so it can get confusing.  It is easy to swap the coils because they have serial numbers but the pinpointers don't have separate numbers you can manually select plus the "lost pinpointer" beacon can also throw things off.  Good luck and hopefully it doesn't happen again.

• 3 months later...

Hi,my orx did the same thing and i fixed mine by walking away from the coil with the remote and the moment they disconnected from each other the remote went back to normal,i switched it off and back on and it's not done it since,hope this helps someone with the same issue

• Like 2

• 5 months later...

This happened to me yesterday and today.  Yesterday the remote just went back to normal after 15 or so minutes, today it has been frozen on the pinpoint mode for about 2.5 hours so far.  I cant turn it off.  Will try to go for a walk and take it with me to see if it goes off once it is out of contact with the coil.  I was detecting and stopped for a snack so I turned it off.  When I turned it back on and tried to pair my MI 6, that is when it had its fit.  I only have 1 ORX and M I6 so its not using the wrong one.  I suspect my MI 6 being faulty, but really have no idea what is going on.

Hope you can figure it out. Need to do something like a reboot- power down and restart. If remote won’t turn off try plugging in the charger see if that stops it. 
sometimes it will take a long time to return to coil mode when you turn off the Mi6. I don’t pair mine up to the remote anymore, mainly cause I want my detector on even when I’m using the Mi6 so I can run the coil over the plug or hole if the pp doesn’t pick up the target on the first try. I’d pair it up if the detector didn’t turn off during pp use but it’s not made for that