Which Gold Bug Is This? Pics Attached.

7 minutes ago, kac said:

Imagine texting on a rotary phone?

From someone who grew up using rotary phones, texting wouldn't be hard at all on a rotary phone, reading text from a rotary on the other hand would be a challenge unless you were a code breaker!!! :89: :idunno:

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, GB_Amateur said:

Generally an IB/VLF and a PI complement each other.  In Gerry McMullen's class he shows how different detectors are better/worse for different types of naturally occurring gold.  (That demo includes the aircraft carrier Minelab GPZ7000.)

And there's Steve H.'s mantra (paraphrased):  "use a VLF when you can and a PI when you have to."  Don't undervalue discrimination!

$400 for a new F19 with 5"x10" is a very good deal.  Cabellas seems to have these sales occasionally with prices that are better than the MAP (agreed upon "Min Advertised Price").  Supposedly that's OK as long as they don't advertise them.  Not your problem, for sure.  Enjoy that new detector!

Thank you.  I think I'll enjoy the F19 and hopefully find some gold with it.  Going to give it a chance tomorrow at the National Forest.

I did some air tests with very small pieces of lead and the F19 easily beat the Infinium with the 8" mono coil and 5x10 coil.  It also beat the AT Pro with the 5x8 and the 5" sniper coil on all but the very smallest pieces.

Air tests are just that and I know PI machines do not air test well so I plan to do more comparisons in my heavily mineralized soil (AT Pro typically ground balances at 93 here).  I really enjoy testing and comparing different detectors and scenarios for my own education.  Next time I think I'll dust off the old Tejon and add it to the mix.  Good times.

0704200018.jpg

• Like 1

If you haven't watched this Chris Ralph video on setting up your new detector, might not be a bad idea.  He has made a series of these half hour videos and one is his pitch for why to get the Gold Bug Pro (F19 is all that and more).  But you already pulled that trigger!