Some Cw Relic Keepers

Would you sell the fishing sinker? Name your price. Reply and let me know😉

Great finds that you have snagged and I hope that you keep up the great work.

Good luck on your next hunt.

9 hours ago, Chase Goldman said:

Sorry, TH. Thanks for the offer but I do not sell my relic finds.

Come on, everybody has their price, any number you want. Ok if you don’t, but I really want it.

2 hours ago, TreasureHunter5 said:

Come on, everybody has their price, any number you want. Ok if you don’t, but I really want it.

This is not about money (frankly I wouldn't even know how to price it) it is about the find, what it took to recover it and the historical context of the item itself and where I found it, especially if it a unique "personal" item like that fashioned by some soldier on a battlefield/campsite or a native American's kettle point.  Those all outweigh any financial considerations and is the same logic I use in reverse and is the reason I also seldom purchase relics.  The historical context may be partially there, but the lack of an interesting story about how it came to be in my possession makes a bought artifact less attractive to me.  In other words, it is less about what the object is, but the complete picture of how it found its way into the ground and back out and in my hands.  It serves as a permanent record of the experience and I enjoy looking back on that experience in my displays just as someone likes to pour through their photograph album.  Just the way I roll.  It is also why I am a million miles away from the "detector has paid for itself" mind set.  I don't mind finding gold and silver jewelry and modern coins, but I get a lot more satisfaction from finding items of historic value versus intrinsic value.  I have never detected for natural gold, however.  There I would likely be conflicted between cashing it in for its intrinsic value and admiring its natural beauty.  Naw...I would cash it in.  :laugh:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I didn't know the made different varieties. When you find something like that or a relic, I always wonder who that person was, what were they doing, thinking at that time. That's what makes this hobby so great.

Yes there are several varieties of Patriotic tokens in general and at least three different "Army & Navy" token varieties that I am aware of.  They were also used as penny coins when people started hoarding legitimate legal coinage during the war.