1 hour ago, Joe Beechnut OBN said:

Second set of pictures are from the batteries I'm working on

And thanks to those numbers under pictures I've finally understood the real way to have a clear idea of battery duration !

I'm deeply focused on realizing an efficient pack for the Tdi and more than voltage, I need capacity!!!

Tried with discrete success 8 x Ni-Zn 1.6V Pkcell in the original holder, but they are scarce in capacity. Two hours after I started, treshold slowly died and I can clearly heard the lower energy by the sound.

I usually hunt for at least 4 hours to be surprised with gold in last minutes before to quit...Too bad .

• Like 1

SGD

4 x 18650 cells gets about 7 hours of decent voltage on the TDIBH 👍

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Joe Beechnut OBN said:

Ring never really gave a good solid hit so maybe it was on it's side?

Could it have a crack/break that makes it hard/impossible to set up a good eddy current?

5 hours ago, Joe Beechnut OBN said:

The Buffalo, (191?)...

You only showed us the reverse, but the amount of detail (not much wear) makes me think you should be able to see the last digit of the date.  I get that you might need a magnifier.  I used to search through coins super fast as a kid, capable of picking out every tiny detail; now even my corrective lenses aren't enough.  👓👓 (four eyes, heck!  Maybe six or eight.)

Thanks, as always, for photos & videos, allowing us to live vicariously through you and your AQ (and Excal).

• Like 1