Garrett ATX Vs Equinox In Mild Ground

HI Guys!

I know it's comparison apples with oranges but was curious about depth in mild ground between these two machines.I know in mineralized ground ATX is deeper than Equinox,thats for sure.I'm going to hunt a lake with no mineralized ground and in this condition I will know which detector is deeper.Any tips???

If there is no mineralization, then no need for a heavy, expensive PI, with no discrimination worth mentioning. Most PI detectors do not go deeper than VLF detectors per se; the PI detectors just lose depth far less quickly as ground mineralization increases and ease handling of hot rock. This is especially true of lower power PI detectors running 12V or less, like the ATX.

Mild ground, ATX vs Equinox, go Equinox would be my recommendation, especially if you have the 15” coil.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

+1 in mild ground or freshwater. 

• Like 2

I would also take the Equinox over the ATX,the ATX is a heavy old beast and not very popular here in the UK,infact i have only ever seen 1 being used,but i do see 100s of Equinox's being used for inland,fresh and salt water its that versatile.

• Like 2