1 hour ago, Rick Kempf said:

8 machines in the wild

8 of 99 active users?

I still think about the bad surprise to be out of the games only cause I'm out of the USA.

All that list of waiting people is drastically disappeared or what?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Skullgolddiver said:

8 of 99 active users?

I still think about the bad surprise to be out of the games only cause I'm out of the USA.

All that list of waiting people is drastically disappeared or what?

No.  It is because Fisher has only delivered 8 of the 99 machines they intend to build for this iteration. Manufacturing yield is probably low because this is a new production line and all the initial glitches that come with that and productivity has been significantly curtailed in general due to the virus, so the machines are trickling out to those on the waiting list.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I could be way off the mark in saying this but. From what I'm reading and seeing in videos....it seems to me that those who have used the whites TDI and are familiar with it's sounds/characteristics are going to have the easiest time learning the AQ. I've owned 4 big box TDI's and one SL, the AQ sounds and acts a lot like the TDI from what I can see.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Use the proper tool for the job, and not all sites call for a PI.

Also, not every beach is the same place where you can find stuff in the same way...

I frequently see pictures of beaches with hundreds meters of exposed wetsand during low tides.

Never seen anything similar near my area.Due to the coastal morphology and related beach position on the earth globe, there are places, narrow beaches, where all the stuff can be surged far out from nearshore to the deeper area of the bottom.

Conversely, where a vast beach area is open and dry in the summer, not only people can stay there and leave/loose stuff, but things can be everywhere from the dry to the chest deep water area or more.

Unless some "sun umbrellas warriors", I rarely see someone with a detector On the beaches around me, but in the water we are dozens!

Primarily for this reasons I'm honestly angry with FT launch politics.I accepted only the waterproof rating issue still to be solved to justify the longer wait, but a professional beach oriented machine, can't just be a waders toy....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, abenson said:

I've owned 4 big box TDI's and one SL

Think about the PRO depth, with the SL stability, remove almost half of the weight and that's it ... AQ is this...with something more that I'm still on the way to learn about conductivity accept and reject process..

• Like 1

7 hours ago, abenson said:

I could be way off the mark in saying this but. From what I'm reading and seeing in videos....it seems to me that those who have used the whites TDI and are familiar with it's sounds/characteristics are going to have the easiest time learning the AQ. I've owned 4 big box TDI's and one SL, the AQ sounds and acts a lot like the TDI from what I can see.

As a guy that has used a lot of TDI detectors I can confirm that. An easy upgrade progression for any TDI owner.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, cudamark said:

I don't know what others have experienced with the AQ, but, I find it the worst pin pointing detector I've ever used. Most targets seem huge, especially when the target is out of the hole and you're trying to find it in the pile. The edge of the coil seems more sensitive than the center, and the target will sound off even several inches off the edge.

Cudamark, I think you will learn to love some of the things that seem bad to you right now. The sensitivity of the edge of the coil is a huge plus for me. If you watch the early videos again, you will see the techniques on pinpointing a target, pinpointing a target in a deep open hole, and pinpointing a target that has been removed and is in the sand pile. The edge of that coil, especially when tilted, almost reacts like a knife blade. At least that is the way I envision it. With quick, short nudging of the coil, it reacts immediately and for me shows me how close I am to the target. That's how I learned to pinpoint with it, so it seems to do that job well for me right off the bat. My struggles will be different from your struggles, but all in all I think this machine will be a winner once all plays out.

• Like 1

Nox, you are correct about the edge of the coil and it is like a knife blade. That is a function of the extremely fast sampling and integration of signals by the AQ.

Alexandre named it HRS - Highly Reactive System. There is no lag when transitioning between targets through the whole system from signal to sampling, integration and audio output when transitioning between targets.

This is why it is  fully capable, in tone mode of giving both a low an high tone when - for example - a gold ring is adjacent to or even covered by - for example iron nails.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Rick Kempf said:

Nox, you are correct about the edge of the coil and it is like a knife blade. That is a function of the extremely fast sampling and integration of signals by the AQ.

Alexandre named it HRS - Highly Reactive System. There is no lag when transitioning between targets through the whole system from signal to sampling, integration and audio output when transitioning between targets.

This is why it is  fully capable, in tone mode of giving both a low an high tone when - for example - a gold ring is adjacent to or even covered by - for example iron nails.

It's no different than any mono coil on any PI detector I've ever used. It is a function of a PI mono coil, which is why it was easy for me. I've been doing this to locate small gold nuggets in a pile of dirt for many years. Long story short, it's not some kind of AQ magic.

My 4th hunt with the AQ was at a very popular beach......both with bathers and surfers, and with other detectorists. Probably gets hunted more than any other beach in San Diego county. Still did not get full battery life. About 3 hours today. I am starting to figure out some settings to help ferret out some of the iron. Like Steve, I'm still waiting for my first gold with this machine. I also haven't recovered any non-ferrous target deeper than 1 foot. The more I use it, the more I think you could find coins and other high conductors if you chose to do so. Today it was search in all metal, and then switch to Tone to analyze. With my current settings, I was identifying about 75% of the iron targets. I have yet to find a setting for bottle caps or bobby pins though. Fish hooks sound good too. Here's the good and bad of my hunt. You will notice that the amount of iron targets recovered has dropped dramatically since my second hunt. Some sounded good, some gave the reject tone, but, I dug most anyway to see if my settings were reliable. After a couple of hours, I relied on the tone to determine whether to dig or not. That helped keep the iron target recoveries down.  I rarely find a pair of earrings, so, that was a welcome surprise. Just junk though, but, in good condition. I actually predicted the dime due to it's sound. Same with the needlenose pliers. You can tell it's not just a big nail. You get what I would call an overload sound on those heavy iron hits.

AQ4.jpg

• Like 4