2 hours ago, cudamark said:

The more I use it, the more I think you could find coins and other high conductors if you chose to do so. Today it was search in all metal, and then switch to Tone to analyze. With my current settings, I was identifying about 75% of the iron targets. I have yet to find a setting for bottle caps or bobby pins though. Fish hooks sound good too.

Bottle caps and wire items, literally wire, and bobby pins, many are just going to sound good and have to get dug. I avoid most of the wire type stuff by digging deeper targets. Bottle caps, some give me a little ferrous edge. Many don’t. I’m still hunting exclusively in tones as I am not lacking for targets and need to weed them out.

I am definitely going to hunt silver in a park with this thing. Coins in tones.... nice low tone, mellow, round signals.

• Like 5

31 minutes ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Bottle caps and wire items, literally wire, and bobby pins, many are just going to sound good and have to get dug. I avoid the wire type stuff by digging deeper targets. Bottle caps some give me a little ferrous edge. Many don’t. I’m still hunting exclusively in tones as I am not lacking for targets and need to weed them out.

I am definitely going to hunt silver in a park with this thing. Coins in tones.... nice low tone, mellow, round signals.

Have you tried a PI yet for silver in your new home town?                                                         

16 hours ago, abenson said:

I could be way off the mark in saying this but. From what I'm reading and seeing in videos....it seems to me that those who have used the whites TDI and are familiar with it's sounds/characteristics are going to have the easiest time learning the AQ. I've owned 4 big box TDI's and one SL, the AQ sounds and acts a lot like the TDI from what I can see.

I agree!!....100%...The AQ is a TDI on steroids. And while comparing both the TDI BH was not that far off on depth..3 to 4 inch's on most targets. I do think the AQ has some quarks that we still have to figure out.......... that will give even more information on targets but I believe many will be site dependent. When testing both I did like the AQ better but I felt the TDI BH was a very good machine for the price. 

• Like 4

18 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Well, for me I’m a bit past worrying much about finding stuff. I’ve been detecting long enough to know if I put in the hours, that’s just going to happen. Sometimes sooner, sometimes later, but it will happen.

I’m jaded these days and it takes some new intriguing machine to get me fired up. Frankly, since Equinox I’ve been bored waiting for something else to get my interest going. AQ is doing the trick. I’m having a ball with it. I really can’t ask anything more of a detector than that. :smile:

Steve - curious...do you even use the MDT-8000?  Fairly new machine you really haven't had it all that long....

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, barryny said:

Steve - curious...do you even use the MDT-8000?  Fairly new machine you really haven't had it all that long....

I gave it a brief spin. The Tarsacci Forum would be a better place to discuss that. I use what intrigues me, and right now I'm infatuated with the AQ. I have several machines, and can only use one at a time.

https://www.detectorprospector.com/forums/topic/13112-first-gold-nugget-with-mdt-8000/

I'm having similar results on my second hunt. At least you hit cobble. My beach is so sanded in, all that remains is more shallow targets(under 12") and  a lot of open space and smooth threshold. If your hitting cobble you should hit gold if it's there. Pull tabs sound nice when they are deep :laugh: I don't know your beach conditions, but sooner or later some sand should move and the targets will light up. Looking forward to your next hunt.

• Like 1

On 7/6/2020 at 1:51 PM, Joe Beechnut OBN said:

I agree!!....100%...The AQ is a TDI on steroids. And while comparing both the TDI BH was not that far off on depth..3 to 4 inch's on most targets. I do think the AQ has some quarks that we still have to figure out.......... that will give even more information on targets but I believe many will be site dependent. When testing both I did like the AQ better but I felt the TDI BH was a very good machine for the price. 

Thanks Joe, Funny but I have often described the TDI as a Dual Field on steroids. 😉 A 3"-4" difference in depth between the TDIBH and AQ would be pretty significant in my opinion!

4 hours ago, schoolofhardNox said:

I'm having similar results on my second hunt. At least you hit cobble. My beach is so sanded in, all that remains is more shallow targets(under 12") and  a lot of open space and smooth threshold. If your hitting cobble you should hit gold if it's there. Pull tabs sound nice when they are deep :laugh: I don't know your beach conditions, but sooner or later some sand should move and the targets will light up. Looking forward to your next hunt.

That is why I like water hunting big water  areas. The     weather keeps shuffling the deck.You can have certain conditions where    most of the targets are heavy and good ,and other times where all targets in reach is just light items.It is when everything  turns out in your favor that it is a time  you won't forget.I dug 5 gold in less then 3 hours one  time and only moved 50' in 3to 5 feet of water   .Being  in the Right place at the right time.

• Like 3