Quick Summary Detecting With The AQ

Hi Kenne-Bill,

Appreciate your summary. Good to see the AQ is in the hands of another water hunter.

When fully submerged, do you think it is possible to keep pulse delay at 7 but reduce sensitivity to stabilize falsing? 

Thanks again 👍

• Like 1

Thanks for the report on the AQ. Did the rings have a strong response? Any guess on how deep the Titanium ring was? I agree the AQ does have a solid, easy to swing feel to it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Beach Pirate said:

do you think it is possible to keep pulse delay at 7 but reduce sensitivity to stabilize falsing

I think You might want to try exactly the opposite combination...

• Like 1

Generally speaking, and with regard to PI performance, it is preferable to reduce any Gain or Sensitivity settings before any Pulse/Reject settings. I would rather hunt at 10uS and a low Gain rather than 15uS and a high Gain.

• Like 5

28 minutes ago, Skullgolddiver said:

I think You might want to try exactly the opposite combination...

👍 seems that is what he did. This machine has been engineered to operate at 7us, would be a shame to lose that ability, especially when searching for freshly dropped fine gold.

2 hours ago, Beach Pirate said:

Hi Kenne-Bill,

Appreciate your summary. Good to see the AQ is in the hands of another water hunter.

When fully submerged, do you think it is possible to keep pulse delay at 7 but reduce sensitivity to stabilize falsing? 

Thanks again 👍

Yes to this ⬆️

46 minutes ago, Tony said:

I would rather hunt at 10uS and a low Gain rather than 15uS and a high Gain

You're right...Unluckily I tried any way to set the lowest delay with scarce results despite 50% Gain.

I hunt in a strong salty area, where is really hard to keep quiet the machine even at 17uS.

I finally managed good results only raising up to 20uS and despite using GB on to skip coins, I finally used with full gain and rock solid treshold the Tdi.

Surprisingly, our loved gold rings don't disappear with higher delay with this machine...The scary thing is the GB knob cautious use regard the black hole!

• Like 4

I fully understand.....I will still always choose a setting that has both a good response to most gold and minimal response to salt. If that means running at 20us to 25uS then I’m okay with that. With high salt content and quick moving saltwater then sometimes it’s the only choice and it’s a smart move. There’s a reason why detectors such as the discontinued Tesoro Sand Shark had a minimum start delay of about 25uS......you might miss the really smaller gold but you’d always hear the bigger gold and with a nice even threshold to make hours of saltwater detecting pleasurable. Depth on larger and higher karat gold rings are usually not disadvantaged with a slower delay (typically around the 15uS to 20uS) mark. 👍

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Skullgolddiver said:

You're right...Unluckily I tried any way to set the lowest delay with scarce results despite 50% Gain.

I hunt in a strong salty area, where is really hard to keep quiet the machine even at 17uS.

I finally managed good results only raising up to 20uS and despite using GB on to skip coins, I finally used with full gain and rock solid treshold the Tdi.

Surprisingly, our loved gold rings don't disappear with higher delay with this machine...The scary thing is the GB knob cautious use regard the black hole!

This is intelligent use of the PI detector......having a stable machine will get more gold rather than running quick delays that will have a PI screaming all day long. I don’t care if I miss some small scraps of gold because the bigger pieces won’t be missed.

• Like 3