When Does A Zinc Penny Signal Make You Feel Good?

Dammit.

You do realize that if I dig all those type of signals it will take me 400 years to get done with the local park, right?

Congratulations.  Dammit.

• Like 2

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I am old enough (64.5) and definitely sore enough from football, kick boxing, golf, gold prospecting, years of metal detecting, 30 years of K-12 teaching, four kids and bad genes to just walk over US

Thanks Chuck, Digging stinking post 1982 Lincolns is very labor intensive since they are so conductive and like to squirm around in the hole (at least for me!) and are a serious pain to clean up

That turquoise pendant is definitely very unique and a keeper. Not currently married but I'll save it for.................who knows.

Posted Images

1 minute ago, CmonNow said:

Dammit.

You do realize that if I dig all those type of signals it will take me 400 years to get done with the local park, right?

Sounds like a good long life! 😂

• Like 1
1 hour ago, CmonNow said:

Dammit.

CmonNow,

I walk over more 1 to 15 VdI spotty sounding targets in one hunt than I want to admit. There are thousands of them in the parks I hunt. I rarely walk over a decent sounding target in the 16 to 38 range unless it is falsing iron or an obviously huge target. These are Equinox/Vanquish/X-Terra numbers BTW. The reason why is that I've dug 9 gold rings this year so far and 8 of them together barely equal the total grams of that one ring in the photos. Those really heavy mens rings generally always come in at 16 to 21 and are usually 6+ grams weight. Selling gold for melt value is easy. Selling loose precious stones and diamonds from a 1 gram gold women's rings is not nearly as easy. And then there is platinum.......and palladium, gotta also dig those nickel numbers if they sound good.

Jeff

• Like 2

Those are 2 spectacular finds! A 9 gram ring is very hard to come by especially in the dirt! Congrats!

Aaron

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Jeff McClendon said:

CmonNow,

I walk over more 1 to 15 VdI spotty sounding targets in one hunt than I want to admit. There are thousands of them in the parks I hunt. I rarely walk over a decent sounding target in the 16 to 38 range unless it is falsing iron or an obviously huge target. These are Equinox/Vanquish/X-Terra numbers BTW. The reason why is that I've dug 9 gold rings this year so far and 8 of them together barely equal the total grams of that one ring in the photos. Those really heavy mens rings generally always come in at 16 to 21 and are usually 6+ grams weight. Selling gold for melt value is easy. Selling loose precious stones and diamonds from a 1 gram gold women's rings is not nearly as easy. And then there is platinum.......and palladium, gotta also dig those nickel numbers if they sound good.

Jeff

Just in my past few outings I've been seeing what seems like an unusual number of solid 16s to 19s.  So many in the past have been old-style can tabs or can slaw that I walk past them, even the strong-sounding ones.

After seeing this post it looks like I'll be spending more time digging.  You just never know what you might be walking by.  Like they say, ya gotta dig trash to find treasure.

• Like 1
11 hours ago, Jeff McClendon said:

I posted just (for) those of you who need inspiring...

It worked in my case!  Thanks, Jeff.

• Like 2

Bring on the "Detector Legs" and the "Popping" knees!💥 Too bad i don't have a grandchild to dig for me!! My 17 yr. old son refuses; shocker!!🎮   👍👍

• Like 1

Arrrgh! Thanks for the solid reminder not to cherry-pick in the park! I've been skipping the zinkies!

Need to add them back into Leg Day!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, Johnny Crunch said:

Arrrgh! Thanks for the solid reminder not to cherry-pick in the park! I've been skipping the zinkies!

Need to add them back into Leg Day!

To Cherry Pick or not is a tough decision for anyone with knees like me. Just today I came across a really loud 20,21,22 target but not with a big target sized perimeter and no iron, so I figured it was a crushed screw cap, a weird penny, some big bling or maybe a men's ring. It turned out to be 3 zinc pennies stuck together at about 4" depth. It made a very distinct sound that certainly got my attention on the Nox. So the numbers are important but the Nox or Deus/ORX target sound is what gets my attention as a jewelry hunter.

Jeff