Was My Beachhunter Getting Nervous?(updated Picture)

Wow Compass, that’s a lot of iron. I guess it’s true what they say, “if you want treasure you need to dig the trash”. That was a labor intensive hunt but sure paid off with that honker. Looks like in your case it was a blessing not being able to access the beach you wanted to. I hope we don’t get anymore closures because I need lots of time to up my swinging skill. Good luck on the next one and stay safe.

• Like 1

Thanks Seeker, I guess I'm used to digging lots of iron from my Dual Field and Pro PI days. At least there were some good targets mixed in with the iron. However, I was starting to think that I had brought the wrong detector with me for this hunt. It was sure beautiful out there wasn't it?

I think you took the correct detector. A VLF could have suffered from masking because of all the iron. Also we as detectorist sometimes reject targets because we’re not happy with the visual or audible info we get. It was a beautiful day out there and I took the wife for breakfast after the hunt. 

• Like 1

Yep the TDIBH is a very good detector and will deliver when it can. The AQ has about 15% extra punch but successful hunting has a lot to do with confidence in equipment as the TDIBH does that for me........I’m sure the AQ does the same !

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Tony said:

Yep the TDIBH is a very good detector and will deliver when it can. The AQ has about 15% extra punch but successful hunting has a lot to do with confidence in equipment as the TDIBH does that for me........I’m sure the AQ does the same !

Thanks Tony- I agree- I really like my TDIBH. I did the battery mod and the detector seems more sensitive to small targets. I've had 2 more  good hunts since this one that I will post about later so yes, my confidence in it is pretty high. I don't see the AQ as replacing the TDIBH as my every day beach machine but I'll need to see more to decide.