Sign in to follow this  
Tnsharpshooter

Video- Gary Blackwell Tests Xp Hf Elliptical Coil

A very good video,and basically its the  exact same setup that i use almost 95% of the time on my UK sites,one thing that is slightly confusing though is in the video Gary does not mention what freq he is using,but in the comments below the video a few folks ask him this question and the reply is '50khz' but on the HF elliptical coil the main 3 freq's are basically 15,30 and 80khz and not 50khz so i think he must be getting confused with the 9'' HF round coil.

I mainly run my almost all the time at 80khz on all my sites,it certainly works exceptionally well on hammered silver coins and also celtic gold staters,possibly my best ever detecting combination the Deus with the HF elliptical coil,for me personally the only other combination that comes close is the Nox with the 6'' coil.

Some folks probably wont agree with me running the elliptical coil so high freq wise,that does not worry me its what works well for me and my site conditions.

Tnsharpshooter  

As always Thanks for posting .

Chuck 

57 minutes ago, Ridge Runner said:

Tnsharpshooter  

As always Thanks for posting .

Chuck 

You are quite welcome.

15 hours ago, RickUK said:

A very good video,and basically its the  exact same setup that i use almost 95% of the time on my UK sites,one thing that is slightly confusing though is in the video Gary does not mention what freq he is using,but in the comments below the video a few folks ask him this question and the reply is '50khz' but on the HF elliptical coil the main 3 freq's are basically 15,30 and 80khz and not 50khz so i think he must be getting confused with the 9'' HF round coil.

I mainly run my almost all the time at 80khz on all my sites,it certainly works exceptionally well on hammered silver coins and also celtic gold staters,possibly my best ever detecting combination the Deus with the HF elliptical coil,for me personally the only other combination that comes close is the Nox with the 6'' coil.

Some folks probably wont agree with me running the elliptical coil so high freq wise,that does not worry me its what works well for me and my site conditions.

I had the 9" X35, but sold it and tuck with my only XP coil for my ORX, the 5X9½ HF DD.  I have found this coil to work quite well for my needs, and that's mainly hunting very trashy sites with an abundance of iron debris and quite often a lot of dense brush and weeds.  I mainly use my two saved programs, with 5-User Coin operating at 14.4 kHz and it's good for general hunting, but when I get into an increased amount of ferrous debris, my #6 User Coin program has just two changes.  One is to use a frequency of 31.3 kHz and with the ORX circuitry,  that is working out well on smaller-size targets.  Low, mid and higher conductivities, and very little EMI or other complaints.

The 31.3 kHz brings a lot of good targets to life in the nails and other iron debris conditions that several of my other detectors struggle with and/or just fail to handle.  Like you, I enjoy using what works for me in the environments I typically deal with.

Monte

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Kaolin washer
      Today i did some testing with the ORX and the HF 9" coil in 13.3 KHZ on an 8" dime a 6" dime and a 7" penny in ground , and experimented and kept changing things and observing  and found i got the best hit on the targets at coin fast with a reaction of 2.5, and 13.3 KHZ 80 gain, the 80 gain was because higher in this mineralized sand chokes the signal  well after all that testing i got up to the hill of many nails and started swinging,  i dug several flat irons and cut nails , but then i got a nice two way signal and dug down a solid 7" and up comes a VF 1882 indian head penny . the soil hear is kind to copper  but i was just thrilled  the ORX really came thru even as a coin hunter  in fact this is the 1st coin off this hill with any detector

• By Kaolin washer
      Just got the HF 9 so i took it out for its 1st run on the hill of nails , this has been pounded till nothing sounds off  but this combo maniged to pull two targets out in about 10 Minutes and the 1st one had 3 nails in the hole . The rivit washer really suprized me becuase it came in so clear in the one spot i always detect. I can only say this thing really can find the leftovers that nothing els can find  Now i dug a few false cut nails but it was giving off the iron sound mixed in . but that ting you see that was a solid 14" deep and it was making a sound like a silver coin makes and repeatable . i was about to stop digging because i knew no silver coin would be that deep as 7" is about max for this 54KHZ if you really listen , but then i hit the ring .  not a bad coil at all

• By Kaolin washer
      Working with the ORX in Gold 1 .  Using 27.6 KHZ and came up with a setting that hears the Nickle without cracking but gives the iron away . as iron . The Reactivity is on 2.5, the IAR on 3 and sens on 90, all targets buried at 5"  --NO.1 Nickel, NO.2 rusty bottle cap, NO .3 flat iron about the size of a U,S quarter, NO .4 a bent cut nail.

• By Kaolin washer
      Took the ORX out in the gravle road after it rained. wanted to try my copper nugget setting and look for copper . I have found copper nuggets in this gravle before  but was using the Racer in all metal , and i was digging alot of iron. the 1st picture is of the nuggets i found in the past  in this road, the one went thru the crusher and got made square, you can see another still in the rock , (looks like green stone)  any way today i used the copper setting 10.5Khz 85 gain  ,2.5 reaction. and 3 on the I.A.R- and i was going along and on every iron target it would break or give a low . one suface bottle cap gave its low off the edge and a deeper one gave a break, i was pretty much sure it was iron so i dug it and it was a rusty bottle cap . but then came this short consistant rather quite signal , with no breaking so started digging down in the hard gravle and at 5" a copper penny , I was really amazed the setting was working , and some time later another soft short signal and down at 6" up comes a small piece of copper pipe,  so i was happy with the findings I dug  or was fooled by no iron but the copper was Identifiable , But i did find a strip of aluminum , but thats O,K as long as it was not iron .BTW i was using the 9" x 35 coil

• By Kaolin washer
      Hear in Minnesota we have a gravle road, and it has copper nuggets in it and agates,so i have been looking for them with my detectors, I figured the TDI would be great at this but found out its not because the setting that are good for silver are good for iron , but i nver thousght the ORX would actually exell  at this in Gold 1  I have a test garden of a  6 targets all buried at 6" deep the 1st is a 14 k ring , then a smashed aluminum bottle cap , then a cladd quarter, then a fresh bottle cap , and last a 1.5"x1.5" barrel strap flat iron  now in disc its hard to tell the difrence between the barrel strap and the silver quarter , very hard its the one target that most mimics the quarter . so i put the machine in Gold 1 and started playing around with the settings and this is what works so far the best  11-12khz reactivity of 2.5 and I.A.R at 4 its able to break on the barrel strap iron and the bottle cap and not on the quarter or the smashed aluminum bottle cap . even on the shallow bottle cap on the surface if the coil is on the edge it will give a low signal , the 14 k ring sorry to say starts sounding like a badd target .  but hay its working on the quarter good . so i took it to the gravle road where i have two buried copper nugets and a 6" dime  and a bottle cap and i used the same setting exept had to lower the IAR setting to 3 and got good results again , all the copper came thru with an unbroken signal , but the bottle cap and iron was breaking , so its kinda funny the Gold mode is also a high conductor mode and good at it