King- Of- Bling (kob)

King-Of-Bling

Welcome KOB. You’ll fit in just fine. This is a great forum. As always good luck out there!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Joe Beechnut OBN said:

Ok we are going to need proof on this...KOB thing..😁

Well that's all we needed...Welcome Mr King Of Bling!

What kind of proof you want ? Like this ? As you know OBN , I don't post many pics. But for the doubters , this was around a month ago. 14k white gold. Over 1 carat in diamonds. 4 very small sapphires. This is a Disney "Cinderella" ring.  Notice the carriage in the side view. I have found cheap Disney rings before. But nothing this nice. Retail online I found them for $1400 - $2k. Posting this cause it's gone now !

20200615_101237.jpg

20200615_151652.jpg

20200615_151714.jpg

• Like 9

1 hour ago, King-Of-Bling said:

That's kinda funny but I wouldn't say it's useless. The Nox didn't really fit my style of hunting. But I think it is still a good machine.

I had it for a week to do some water footage and tests for a dealer.Almost to the point to keep it for me, but when I saw the Tid difference compared with my Ctx I leaved it for the rest of people around...

It is pointless to have a VLF you can't trust with a so compressed scale.Bouncy as hell too.A dig it all noisy but light toy for me.When I have to decide between that and a pulse, I prefer a Tdi even against my killer Ctx, with almost two times the depth and I can live fine with the relatively more trash/gold ratio...I'm a diver....

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Skullgolddiver said:

It is pointless to have a VLF you can't trust with a so compressed scale.

Why can’t it be trusted? My Equinox practically tells me what’s under the coil. Use 50 tones and learn the machine. Trust your ears instead of having your eyes glued to the screen. I ditched my CTX as soon as I got an Equinox and don’t regret it in the slightest. But there is hope... maybe the next version of Multi-IQ will be more to your liking.

Fabulous ring for sure. I have found a lot of rings over the years, but the type with serious jewels go lacking. For me a plain 14K men’s band is generally what ends up in my pouch.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Why can’t it be trusted? My Equinox practically tells me what’s under the coil. Use 50 tones and learn the machine. Trust your ears instead of having your eyes glued to the screen. I ditched my CTX as soon as I got an Equinox and don’t regret it in the slightest. But there is hope... maybe the next version of Multi-IQ will be more to your liking.

Fabulous ring for sure. I have found a lot of rings over the years, but the type with serious jewels go lacking. For me a plain 14K men’s band is generally what ends up in my pouch.

For me , the 50 tones was too much overload. I did the 2 and sometimes the 5. I thought I was really good with it. My problem was the screen. Because it's there. And designed to be used. Spent way too much time deciding on whether to dig or not based on numbers. Even though they would sound good and not so good , I would dig them. I got gold from all over the screen. Takes way more time and slows me down. I am a time and volume guy. The more targets I dig in a day , chances are I'm going to find something good. Yes , I dig lots of trash , but that's because I still can. For the dirt and older or guys with a more serious disability than mine , they may be limited on time and how many targets they can dig. I think for guys who have been doing it awile , they know what works best for them and much has to do with their style.

Actually was not responding to you King, it was more a commentary on the idea that the so-called “compressed target id scale” is limiting when machines with no screen at all are fine. Excalibur owners seem to do well enough. Plenty of people use an Equinox and simply dig all non-ferrous and two tones suits them just fine. My old CZ dumped everything into a handful of categories, and it worked just fine.

Yes, everyone should use what suits them best. But statements like “it’s pointless to have this or that VLF” are designed to draw a response from me, when clearly plenty of people own them and are happy with them. In no way am I trying to convince anyone to use an Equinox. Frankly, I could care less what other people use. But I also don’t knock their choices as being pointless.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Steve Herschbach said:

I ditched my CTX as soon as I got an Equinox and don’t regret it in the slightest

2 Tones FE and no dig over   {xx . 30} 

Pattern 2 

Deep and fast off

Saltwater on or off, if You like it.

GB off and sens. like you want or think to be necessary.

Any sound over 15 to the screen bottom 80hZ pitch (no dig)

Any sound from 15 to 1 higher pitch like you prefer ...

A refined better gold insulation with 4 tones FE leaving gold sweet spot with higher pitch and other three with 80Hz minimum fart....:-)

Tell me how much holes You dig...How much gold You intercept...In how much times....

I have to deal with air consumption....In the winter a scuba tank can last even less due to cold/icy water...This means for me dont waste time and time there is money...Really....

I'm playing to learn the TDI sound shapes cause I'm doing snorkeling now...Otherwise in prime ground conditions, I'll never spend all this time under the surface