This Might Be My Last New White's Metal Detector

I'd say my GMX is fully set up, there will be a anti-glare screen cover added at a later date. The machine just had it's first visit to the goldfields. Started at Dunolly and Moliagul and finished at Maryborough. All within the Golden Triangle area known for nuggets. The focus of the trip was to see how it handles the varied ground conditions, hot rocks etc. Quite well.

The concentric coil was used and it was able to manage hot ground  by reducing sensitivity. It is too early in my learning curve to judge but first impressions were good. Attention to detail at each location helps a lot when setting the machine up. The level or sensitivity, SAT speed etc need to be balanced for each location, the goal being smooth operation which was achieved at all the different areas. If you run it too hot it will drive you nuts, ease off a bit and it runs very well.

Still need to explore settings and get more of a feel for the machine. No surprise, in hot ground the sensitivity needs to come down, it does handle the ground well and hot rocks were better managed than other VLF machines I have used. So the first impression is a very positive one. I am yet to play with the iron disc, many more user hours required in the goldfields. I will focus more on playing with the settings and some testing of performance.

I though a small pick or digging tool would be perfect for use with the GMX, I was wrong. The Garrett tool was just too light, needed a more serious pick to get the job done.

I'll give the GMX a good run over the next few months and as I gain experience with it I'll have a better idea of how to best use this machine. All the best.

IMG_2055.JPG

IMG_2069.JPG

IMG_2074.JPG

IMG_2077.JPG

IMG_2078.JPG

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1