World's First Waterproof Kids Detector Series

Great idea!!

Untapped market! Future of the hobby!!👍👍

• Like 1

4 hours ago, phrunt said:

Nice, very much like a waterproof Go-Find, it is a shame Target ID wasn't incorporated, my 9 year old daughter refuses to use her Go-Find now as it lacks Target ID, she likes cherry picking coins so likes using my Vanquish where she can just get a 21/22 target ID on the screen and dig a NZ $1 or $2 coin.  The ferrous, non-ferrous low conductor, non ferrous high conductor picture icons really put her off metal detecting as she had to dig so much crap to find anything decent and didn't have the patience for that.   The Go-Find was used a few times and then put in the cupboard like the rest of the toys she doesn't like 🙂

It is kind of condescending to think that kids who can figure out cell phones and computers will be confused by numbers. But everyone does it.

• Like 1

Patience is taught, and learned ( by some), not inherited; unfortunately! That's why they call fishing; "fishing" not "catching" ! 🤣👍👍

• Like 1

2 hours ago, phrunt said:

Kids also have very little patience, they get bored easily from what I've seen.  They won't put up with digging 50 bits of junk to find a coin.  I've found target ID numbers are more important for kids than they are for me.

It's not just kids that get bored digging junk. I find many adults taking up the hobby will buy an inexpensive beep and dig machine, try it a time or two, find lots of junk, and it ends up in the closet. Early success is something everyone wants and a better machine will help achieve that. Even though many advise newbies to not invest much money until they decide if they like detecting or not, IMO that is bad advice. I'm not saying to buy the latest and greatest cutting edge machine, but, a higher end machine will make the experience a more pleasant time. If they decide that detecting is not for them,. a popular model won't lose all that much on resale and will have more interest to potential buyers. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, cudamark said:

It's not just kids that get bored digging junk. I find many adults taking up the hobby will buy an inexpensive beep and dig machine, try it a time or two, find lots of junk, and it ends up in the closet. Early success is something everyone wants and a better machine will help achieve that. Even though many advise newbies to not invest much money until they decide if they like detecting or not, IMO that is bad advice. I'm not saying to buy the latest and greatest cutting edge machine, but, a higher end machine will make the experience a more pleasant time. If they decide that detecting is not for them,. a popular model won't lose all that much on resale and will have more interest to potential buyers. 

When I was a dealer I had no real way of knowing, but I made a wild guess that 85% of the detectors I sold only got used a few times at most before going in the closet or getting sold. Many people go detecting exactly once before deciding it's as exciting as watching paint dry. :laugh:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Imagine how many are still holding up unused and or forgotten about in closets across America in umpteen years or more.

Sven, 

I would love to have some of those "once used" detectors! I could have some fun with those; for the right price!!👍👍

Simon,

I get what you are saying! But i think that there is the cost vs profit factor that any manufacturer has to walk for a "kid" detector! As well as any other detector! As well as the cost for a parent! This "may" be a good compromise for both! And we are talking "little kids" not the older kids!        I was collecting thing's; and old thing's, from a young age! For me, it was an easy progression! Even for the period i didn't detect, i still collected many other things! I also did a lot of fishing and hunting when younger!  (I still hunt!  Fishing stopped about 10 years ago, after too many regulations, and poor fish health!) All things that should have been boring to me at that age bracket! But which i still mostly do!👍👍

Steve,

What's wrong with watching paint dry?? I have to do it every time my wife has me repaint something!🤣 Which has been often, in the last four months!!😩  I also watch grass grow; I'm cutting it about twice a week now!!🥵👍👍

I set up an old AT3 for my grandson , he did great as long as he had a beep and dig for coins that I seeded.If he did not have any targets he lost interest, I gave him my Nox 800 with the display and he will last a lot longer detecting watching the numbers and hearing the tones than just listening for the beep. 

If you give them a TOY they will play with it give them the real thing they will use it.

Do you think they know that the detector they are using is not as good as the one you are using?

carter2.jpg

• Like 1