There are few things a water hunter needs to be happy when doing his work...

A good bottom condition and a well prepared machine to do the job.

Many times I found good stuff but really struggling with a coil larger than 10".

Vlf or pulse, will depend for the most by the environment type, but talking about coils, there's no comparison for a diver with an 8".Not only saltwater is a reduced problem with it, but between rocks, between waves,between any other thing, I still prefer to use a smaller coil.

I'm in love with the AQ performance, for what I can see in multiple videos Joe OBN is publishing, but I only think about a smaller coil to be released soon.

I hope Alexandre+FT are already working on this thing, cause otherwise I'll be forced to wait until that moment will be reality.

8" coil is a rule for me.

• Like 4

12.5” too large, 8” too small..... 10”-11” just right! :smile:

• Like 2

Ahhh!  The story of the The Three Bears.  You can't please everyone.  I guess we will just have to get em all!  GaryC/Oregon Coast

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Gotta admit I liked the 8” on my ATX...

steve-herschbach-2014-hawaii-garrett-atx-8-inch-mono.jpg

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Steve Herschbach said:

12.5” too large, 8” too small..... 10”-11” just right! :smile:

I know Steve, 10" can be the good balance between ground coverage and water handling...But I need it smaller cause of multiple rocky places where seems to do crevicing for rings..Not always I'm able/strong enough to move big rocks downthere, so a smaller coil can help. The only option is to tilt the coil and use it like a pointer but I'm afraid for the cable connector on the coil housing to be soon damaged doing this practice.

Salt too is an enemy for big coils near me...I use also the 14x9 on the Ctx with reduced sens or Auto to keep it quiet...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Skullgolddiver said:

I use also the 14x9 on the Ctx

Who makes that coil?

41 minutes ago, mn90403 said:

Who makes that coil?

Coiltek...

7 hours ago, Skullgolddiver said:

There are few things a water hunter needs to be happy when doing his work...

A good bottom condition and a well prepared machine to do the job.

Many times I found good stuff but really struggling with a coil larger than 10".

Vlf or pulse, will depend for the most by the environment type, but talking about coils, there's no comparison for a diver with an 8".Not only saltwater is a reduced problem with it, but between rocks, between waves,between any other thing, I still prefer to use a smaller coil.

I'm in love with the AQ performance, for what I can see in multiple videos Joe OBN is publishing, but I only think about a smaller coil to be released soon.

I hope Alexandre+FT are already working on this thing, cause otherwise I'll be forced to wait until that moment will be reality.

8" coil is a rule for me.

I tell you one thing i requested many times to manufacturer which i was lucky enough to be able to approach,small coils.........the response is always the same:Niche market(For the Thames)but then the number of Permit holder increases every year (maybe +3000) and to satisfy their need for 30 years the only answer was the 4" concentric coil from Tesoro mounted on any Tesoros .

Now that the brand is defunct ...........good luck......years ago when Alexandre started to talked about the Impulse advantage in Iron i asked him as well and managed to get a 7" shell ship to him......so i am waiting.......hopeful,willing and able.

RR

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Rivers rat said:

Niche market

Exactly! And You (producer)never know how your niche will react to the product launch until you make it for real.

But today, with all the forums and users reports, factories still seems to be on another far planet.

I'm happy to have a straight and easy contact with Alexandre and Rick (thanks to this forum and Steve) and even more happy about the fact Joe is in some way influencing the future model development....

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Skullgolddiver said:

Exactly! And You (producer)never know how your niche will react to the product launch until you make it for real.

But today, with all the forums and users reports, factories still seems to be on another far planet.

I'm happy to have a straight and easy contact with Alexandre and Rick (thanks to this forum and Steve) and even more happy about the fact Joe is in some way influencing the future model development....

Yes thanks God for the forums....(but this one is my fav)

RR

• Like 1