My Hope For The Impulse AQ - Perfect Coil Sizes

18 hours ago, Rivers rat said:

...The only answer was the 4" concentric coil from Tesoro mounted on any Tesoros .

So the nominal sized 4" x 6" (e.g. NEL, CORS aftermarket manufactured and some factory originals from First Texas and Whites) don't do the trick?  The aftermarkets are (always?) DD's.  Is that a problem for your sites?

16 hours ago, GB_Amateur said:

So the nominal sized 4" x 6" (e.g. NEL, CORS aftermarket manufactured and some factory originals from First Texas and Whites) don't do the trick?  The aftermarkets are (always?) DD's.  Is that a problem for your sites?

Nel cors are heavy and "too big",the 4" is like a scalpel perfect in the first 2/3 inches

RR

• Like 1

Since no one picked a 9 inch............... I'll call out for that, but at this point I'll take a 8--9---------10 is pushing the limit on swinging the coil in the water. I've noticed that it's hard to get the 12.5 up to speed in rougher waters. And with a smaller coil there will be a lot less resistance...........noise.........and better coil control......So 8 or 9 for me...

• Like 5

On 7/9/2020 at 5:54 PM, Joe Beechnut OBN said:

I've noticed that it's hard to get the 12.5 up to speed in rougher waters.

It is hard to get a 12" coil going in any water!  Depending on the machine, the bigger the coil, the more PIA in pinpointing.

Sometimes my beach conditions are not friendly to loosening up the sand and missing the target.  

On 7/9/2020 at 11:54 PM, Joe Beechnut OBN said:

Since no one picked a 9 inch............... I'll call out for that, but at this point I'll take a 8--9---------10 is pushing the limit on swinging the coil in the water. I've noticed that it's hard to get the 12.5 up to speed in rougher waters. And with a smaller coil there will be a lot less resistance...........noise.........and better coil control......So 8 or 9 for me...

No kidding Alexandre was suppose to make me a 7" i may have mentioned it before......i sent him the shell in 1978 :fisher:

RR

• Haha 1

On 7/10/2020 at 12:54 AM, Joe Beechnut OBN said:

I can tell you that the AQ will get a 8" coil. The GOLD will also have one (yet not interchangeable, different number of turn!!)

This will possibly be offered as an option to the LTD version as well.

There are already a few of them (as prototypes) out in the wild under field testing

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Willy said:

I can tell you that the AQ will get a 8" coil. The GOLD will also have one (yet not interchangeable, different number of turn!!)

This will possibly be offered as an option to the LTD version as well.

There are already a few of them (as prototypes) out in the wild under field testing

Wow! That is Great News..Thank You! 

I was in the middle of type a message to Alexander T on maybe getting a 8 or 9 inch made...I still may but I know he is a busy man, so I don't mind waiting.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Joe Beechnut OBN said:

I was in the middle of type a message to Alexander T on maybe getting a 8 or 9 inch made...I still may but I know he is a busy man, so I don't mind waiting.

That does not depend on Alexandre, El Paso decides what and when to deliver to Rick.

34 minutes ago, Joe Beechnut OBN said:

Joe, I thought that the main reason you liked the AQ was for its depth. Wouldn't you lose some of that depth with a smaller coil? 

I just re-read some previous responses and my guess is that one may have to trade off a little depth for less noise and better coil control.