A Peek At The Next Version Of Impulse AQ

9 hours ago, ALEXANDRE TARTAR said:

The battery will disappear, the battery cable too.
4 lithium ion cells type 18650 will be inserted into the tube with a anti fall screw cap .

The redesigned armrest becomes sliding.

So based on the above, sort of like this, but the upper rod probably a little thicker.

fisher-impulse-aq-metal-detector-version-2.jpg

• Like 8
  • Oh my! 1

How is the balance of the swing with current battery box removed (sort of like shown) compared to it fully assembled and ready to go?

Reason for question is that, on the couple of occasions I have had elbow problems, I have added weight behind the arm cuff of some of my detectors to better balance them and reduce torque induced on the elbow. Upper edge of arm cuff positioned right behind elbow and not on forearm helps too.

There will be four batteries in the upper rod, instead of in a separate battery pack under the rod. Something tells me Fisher will be paying attention to the balance since that’s been a major selling point. But if as you are asking, you just remove the batteries... it’s nose heavy. Though not that bad in my opinion. I’ve swung worse.

• Like 3

Thank you for trying that. I hope you are right that they will keep it well balanced. A little bit lighter coil might just do the trick. I think I remember reading that during the development they had played with different types of epoxy with difference weight density for the coil as part of the overall dynamics of the package ... but please don't have a coil that needs to be held down because it wants to float!

• Like 1

That’s a clean looking design Steve. You’re probably right on target!

So where are you imagining the headphone cable connecting too?  I don't see that to clearly.   GaryC/Oregon Coast

• Like 1

Agree emphatically on the battery capacity........I can easily hunt for 8 hours which my TDIBH battery pack fortunately gives me (4x18650). Fisher must find a way to achieve this run time ☝️