Technical Info On GPZ 7000 Ground Tracking Software Update

On the Minelab website at http://www.minelab.com/usa/treasure-talk/gpz-7000-ground-tracking-software-update

"It’s now been a couple of weeks since the update was released and there are already some good reports coming in from around Australia, where many users have carried out the upgrade and seen noticeable performance improvements. For everyone who has not carried out the upgrade yet – I recommend you do so, along with using the yellow ferrite as part of the ground balance procedure. This will ensure you maximise your GPZ’s ability to extract gold signals from the ground noise."

Original software – February 2015 (Control Panel: 1.0.8-57)

post-1-0-29396800-1452618537.jpg

Ground Tracking Update – October 2015 (Control Panel: 1.2.8-98)

post-1-0-32478600-1452618536.jpg

I did the upgrade just before I went up to the Sierra calims in Plumas/Sierra counties. Overall I am sure the machine balanced quicker and ran quieter than pre-update.

However, the sierra hotrocks were still there; yelling dig here, dig me, I am a deep nugget-they were lying!

I tried different settings that lessened the signal but didnot eliminate them. The method that seemed to work best was to move the coil over the signal at less than slow, like almost stopped and the signal would fade on most of the hotrocks...in my opinion the 3500 and 5000 worked much better at identifying hotrocks with this method.

Nonetheless, I found three small nuggets in a very hard hit patch with the GPZ- I will not be giving it back, it is mine, all mine!

fred

• Like 1

Fred,

I'm with you! When I updated at Rye Patch this last trip, I did notice a difference. But, it wasn't mind boggling by any means...you still have to work through tuff conditions to have a little rattle in the poke bottle. Yet, I'm more than happy Minelab, is working to keep us GPZ owners updated. Maybe a few updates away to counter our soil conditions?

Rick

A very illuminating article; thanks for the link, Steve.