Anyone Using The Nemo Blu3 Portable Dive System?

AlbyM

Thanks Jeff that’s the one that looks like the one for 10 foot dive.

I’ll go so far that they work great. The air is supplied to you on demand. So in that way your compressor is not running all the time saving battery. The wiring is running around the plastic pipe you get your air to the mouth piece and as soon it detects you need air that compressor is running.

Chuck 

• 7 months later...

@AlbyM

@Steve Herschbach

@wltdwiz

This thread is now over 2 years old.  Did you end up getting one Steve? Has everyone’s units lasted well?  Any issues?  Batteries lasting ok?  Any negative experiences?  

I’m only interested in the Nemo and will likely be my next ‘big’ purchase heading into our summer.  Having been looking for a long time and am yet to really find anyone say a bad word about them.  The worst I’ve read is that the bubbles and pump are a bit loud.  If that’s the worst thing then I think I’ll be ok  😃  I’m not initially planning to use a detector at all and if I do it will likely be something simple like the Scubatector or PulseDive.  

Hoping you gents can provide an update on how the Nemo is going for you 👍🏻

Cheer, NE.  

@Gerry in Idaho

As per Steve, I checked and see you are a Blu3 agent.  Have you been dealing with them long?  Do you use the equipment yourself?  

Being in Australia I won’t be a direct customer for you but would be keen to hear your opinion as you’re always pretty open about positives and negatives of different equipment.  Others will think I’m asking the barber if I need a haircut 💇‍♂️ 💈 😉

Cheers, NE.  

• Like 1

Northeast

I bought one earlier this summer off Amazon...It's a good little unit...very light weight and easy to pack...seems to be well made....I also got the extra battery. I took their on line test (mandatory) tested it in my pool prior to going on a trip..It worked fine until it didn't. Maybe on my 4th dive on the Yuba river I was at depth when I took a breath and no air...so I surfaced treading water with detector in one hand and made my way to shallow water and I could smell something burning...looked over at the unit and smoke was coming out of it... Got it to shore and disconnected the battery....something must have shorted out...no idea what happened as I did everything like I was supposed to...I returned it for a full refund (the nice thing about amazon prime)  The one thing that I don't like about how its made is the battery is always underwater. There is a guy on another site that uses one frequently and had to send his back for repairs...Yes the regulator makes enough noise to have a hard time hearing the excal under water...hope this helps in your decision making..

strick 

3 hours ago, strick said:

I bought one earlier this summer off Amazon

Hi Strick.   Yes, exactly the sort of feedback I want to hear.   There are only 'great' reviews on YouTube that I can see. 

I would be buying from either of 2 different shops in Australia so hopefully following up any warranty stuff will be easy enough.  The 1 year warranty is a bit of a concern.   A minimum of 2 would give a bit more peace of mind.

I'm not buying until I know the water I am going to use it in is nearly down to usual Summer levels since if I buy it now my 1 year warranty starts - but likely not able to actually get in the water for another 3 months yet.  Water here is running high and dirty with a wet Spring forecast.   

The noise is not going to worry me too much initially.  My plan is simply to get to depth that others have not been able to snorkel/duck dive to and stay at that depth to work deep crevices by hand - shifting rocks and fanning out the lighter material.  There is too much crap in the river (fishing lure bits, fishing lead, broken down tin buckets, etc) to really use a detector and therefore the noise should not be an issue.  

Thanks again for the feedback and the heads up re: the battery placement.   Was there ever any feedback from Blu3 re: what the issue was or did you only deal with Amazon?   

Cheers, NE.   

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi mate I've been using one for a few weeks now, let me know if you have any new questions on it. 

Really like it though, I've found dozens of rings using it over about 10 hours. Super easy to setup etc. I use it with the Deus 2 and BC headphones which I put under my hood. 

If you're within 1 meter of the unit it does give off some electrical interference but any further is ok.  

• Thanks 1