Anyone Using The Nemo Blu3 Portable Dive System?

AlbyM

On 11/12/2022 at 1:33 PM, TTT2866 said:

Hi mate I've been using one for a few weeks now

Hi TTT, 

Glad to hear it is going well.  Just wondering who you purchased through - Detect-Ed or underwater.com.au ?   

Are you using in salt or fresh mainly?  

Cheers, N.E.  

On 9/2/2022 at 2:30 PM, Northeast said:

@AlbyM

@Steve Herschbach

@wltdwiz

This thread is now over 2 years old.  Did you end up getting one Steve? Has everyone’s units lasted well?  Any issues?  Batteries lasting ok?  Any negative experiences?  

I’m only interested in the Nemo and will likely be my next ‘big’ purchase heading into our summer.  Having been looking for a long time and am yet to really find anyone say a bad word about them.  The worst I’ve read is that the bubbles and pump are a bit loud.  If that’s the worst thing then I think I’ll be ok  😃  I’m not initially planning to use a detector at all and if I do it will likely be something simple like the Scubatector or PulseDive.  

Hoping you gents can provide an update on how the Nemo is going for you 👍🏻

Cheer, NE.  

I have mine since 2 years now. 2 menor incidents:

A) Once it failed on startup, like a stuck inside the mechanism. I swipe the battery for the second one I have, and still the problem. Finally, doing several restarts, it worked. Something strange. I recorded it on video and sended it to Blu3. They studied and didnt know, but they said that, if it would happen again, they would change it.

B) On one of the batteries I own, the screws of the led screen got unscrew, and some water leaked. I wrote Blu3 and they said it was something known and not serious: screw them again when the water evaporates itself.

And thats all in nearly 2 years. The Best thing I got for water hunting!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I have both the Nemo and Nomad. Unfortunately I have to send the Nomad back for the recall. Both are awesome.

They are having a Black Friday sale of 30% off. That is a great deal! I might just buy a second Nemo for the kids to use with me.

• Like 1

On 11/17/2022 at 6:56 PM, Northeast said:

That is U.S. I am guessing Matt?  

The 30% discount actually says...

"Save even more this Black Friday with a 30% OFF coupon & free shipping within Contiguous United States  "

So it maybe 30% off for any place in the world but only free shipping in the USA, you may want to send them an email to confirm if the 30% applies worldwide.

7 hours ago, Gold Seeker said:

So it maybe 30% off for any place in the world but only free shipping in the USA, you may want to send them an email to confirm if the 30% applies worldwide.

Hi GS, thanks for checking it out more.   I did get on their U.S. website and went through to checkout but it then said that it could not be shipped to my location.  All good, we have 2 distributors here in Oz and one currently has $300 off as a bit of a deal.  Unfortunately I don’t want to purchase right at the moment due to REALLY high river levels.  With only a 1 yr warranty I don’t want to buy until I can commence using it  🤷🏼‍♂️

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 11/16/2022 at 12:35 PM, Northeast said:

Hi TTT, 

Glad to hear it is going well.  Just wondering who you purchased through - Detect-Ed or underwater.com.au ?   

Are you using in salt or fresh mainly?  

Cheers, N.E.  

Hi matey, I purchased it from Detect-Ed and only use it in saltwater, as there's not really any fresh water areas nearby. Just be sure to enquire about the Nomad recall if you're looking to purchase one. I haven't had any issues with mine but I think there was about 30 out of 1500 sold which had an issue with the internal compressor breaking? Something along the lines of that. 

I have a couple videos using the Nomad & detecting on my instagram if you felt like checking them out. Https://instagram.com/aus_metal_detecting 

• Like 1