Anyone Using The Nemo Blu3 Portable Dive System?

AlbyM

On 7/9/2020 at 12:46 AM, AlbyM said:

Hi all,

I just bit the bullet and purchased a Nemo Blu3 portable dive system as another tool in my metal detecting arsenal. For those who don't know about the Nemo, here are a couple of videos that show what it can do:

I'd love to compare notes with those here who are using a Nemo Blu3 with their Nox underwater. I haven't used it yet myself as I had to put it in my shipment to Vietnam, where I will be starting a new job in a couple of months. So I'm just doing a lot of research at this point.

The only problem I am hearing so far is that the Nox can be difficult to hear underwater over the Nemo Blu3 regulator whether you use the Minelab "yellow" underwater headphones or don't use headphones at all. For anyone using the Nemo with their Nox (or diving at all), have you been able to find an alternative underwater headphone with better sound or another workaround? Thanks in advance!

Hey Alby, I can't seem to find any details about the unit in Australia. See my posts on sniping under the gold panning forum. On our last trip we were working an area where it got too deep and came to the conclusion that we need a hookah unit. We are looking at a Chinese unit based on price, an Australian made unit based on quality and parts and serviceability, as well as the Nemo. All I can find about the Nemo is that it's by a Florida based company, is it made in the USA ? And after using it for a few years what's your verdict. Your opinion and any others that are use this hookah system or similar would be appreciated.

On 11/17/2022 at 1:02 PM, Airtemisa said:

Nemo is working properly.

The recall is only for Nomad.

Nomad (30 ft max) and Nemo (10 ft max) are different products.

Thats exactly what I said 🙂

strick

• Like 1

I may give the Blue Nemo another shot this summer...it sure worked nice when it did and it's easy to tote around for shallow water hunting...I was really disappointed that it broke so quickly...there is another gentleman on another site that I have been talking with and he has only had to send his in once for repairs in about 3 years of use...sounds like the company backs their product...

strick

• Like 1

On 11/20/2022 at 7:06 PM, Northeast said:

Hi GS, thanks for checking it out more.   I did get on their U.S. website and went through to checkout but it then said that it could not be shipped to my location.  All good, we have 2 distributors here in Oz and one currently has $300 off as a bit of a deal.  Unfortunately I don’t want to purchase right at the moment due to REALLY high river levels.  With only a 1 yr warranty I don’t want to buy until I can commence using it  🤷🏼‍♂️

Hey N/E did you end up buying a hookah unit, we area looking into it.

5 hours ago, strick said:

I may give the Blue Nemo another shot this summer...it sure worked nice when it did and it's easy to tote around for shallow water hunting...I was really disappointed that it broke so quickly...there is another gentleman on another site that I have been talking with and he has only had to send his in once for repairs in about 3 years of use...sounds like the company backs their product...

strick

Hey strick, after reading all the comments the Nemo does seem to have some problems. The very thing that makes it so efficient on battery power may also make it prone to unreliability i.e. a switch in the regulator that keeps turning the compressor on and off. Think I'll look at an Australian made unit AirBuddy their website has a complete list of spare parts which makes it user serviceable. I would prefer to see that than videos with pretty girls.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

This recent video features the Nemo. If I were 20 years younger I'd be tempted but dry-land detecting is my limit these days. They earn every gram they find.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/26/2023 at 7:35 AM, blackjack said:

Hey strick, after reading all the comments the Nemo does seem to have some problems. The very thing that makes it so efficient on battery power may also make it prone to unreliability i.e. a switch in the regulator that keeps turning the compressor on and off. Think I'll look at an Australian made unit AirBuddy their website has a complete list of spare parts which makes it user serviceable. I would prefer to see that than videos with pretty girls.

Hi, mine have some "troubles" with the regulator switch. At the beggining it worked on/off perfectly, but now, 3 years later, I have to find a "neutral" point manually, because if not, it Will pump continiously. Is that What happens to you?

• Thanks 1

On 2/23/2023 at 7:46 AM, Airtemisa said:

Hi, mine have some "troubles" with the regulator switch. At the beggining it worked on/off perfectly, but now, 3 years later, I have to find a "neutral" point manually, because if not, it Will pump continiously. Is that What happens to you?

No, I've bought the Australian made AirBuddy, this unit allowed us to run two divers. Plus we were able to talk to the manufacturer and work out a system were we could run it from a larger battery. Jan and the crew at AirBuddy were really helpful plus they back it with a full list of spare parts, which makes it user serviceable. For one diver and portability the Nemo looks like a good choice.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Airtemisa said:

For me, this is the key. A bit expensive, but its simply incredible. I hope they will repair mine.

Yeah I understand the portability part, there's three of us to share the load, if we didn't have a budget the nemo wins in the potability stakes, we would have one each, but with spare batteries that's over 10 grand, ouch, we are finding gold but not that much. Reliability ? time will tell, life is a compromise, good luck with your nemo, and keep us updated.

• Like 2