Want To See What A Sheet Of Aluminum Foil Does To The Tarsacci

Keith,

thats so impressive,,,,, I tried the same test with my Equinox 800, here in the UK, foil Id at 10-12 notched out those numbers trying a Victorian one penny id in the high 20s .... Nothing!!! Completely blanked by the foil...... seriously thinking of purchasing this machine!

thanks for your efforts,

Dave.

Your Quite Welcome Sir!

Yes to find a detector that can do that would be a chore.Not saying there's something out there that cant with a ID system on it.But I don't know what it is.

The Tarsacci is really advanced in alot of ways than what we have become used too.

Mineral handling and or punch is it. and the other is lite metals.they can be skinned back.

Keith

Basically any detector is going to see the aluminum and nothing through the aluminum. It’s all about exposed surface eddy currents. Granted, a Pi can’t give a target id number, but that’s kind of secondary to what is really going on here. A PI with a fast pulse delay will see the aluminum but not the coin under it. Increase the pulse delay enough, the aluminum becomes literally invisible to the PI, and now it can only see the quarter.

• Like 1

I tried the xterra with the 3kz. conc. coil and the foil sheet gave me a12 and a dime a  36.  When I put the dime under I still got a  12. when I tried a foil kid drink   top of  about a 1.5"  I got a 12  also.When I put the dime under I got a 26.That is impressive for the Tarsacci to do what It did  .

• Like 1

Yeah concentric on a VLF might be your best bet for that test.BUT its still not going to do what the Tarsacci can do..

There's alot of great Detectors on the market for sure..

BUT the Tarsacci doing things that till now were just not doable.Things have really moved forward.

Good test!

Keith

1 hour ago, Keith Southern said:

Yeah concentric on a VLF might be your best bet for that test.BUT its still not going to do what the Tarsacci can do..

There's alot of great Detectors on the market for sure..

BUT the Tarsacci doing things that till now were just not doable.Things have really moved forward.

Good test!

Keith

True .The change was  not that  much.