Nox'ed Another Bigun Out Of Trashy Workings

12 hours ago, Tom Slick said:

Beautiful nuggets! Only 112 degrees here today heading to 116 by Saturday so not much detecting getting done around here. 

I think you should head North before your detector melts.  Actually, so you know, it is not good to store detectors in vehicles in those kinds of temps.  Be safe, be kind, wash your hands and spread some cheer...no more heat.

12 hours ago, Hardtimehermit said:

i hope my Nox can get over one of those beautiful specimens some day, way to go bro!  

You got me to thinking if I lived in or around Reno, I'd be NOX'in out on some serious ore dump piles.  So many people pass on them and there is good gold be to found in a few.  Usually crystalline or wire type gold, but those are some serious money makers.

20150901_142309.jpg

• Like 6

12 hours ago, oneguy said:

I did go out on the 4th for a different kind of gold...firewood!!!!!  Nice gold you saved from the grave!!!!

Gold at different times of the year comes in many forms.  In the winter in MT, a stack of wood will keep you warm and stack of gold will let you freeze with a shitty grin on your face.  Smart move to get the wood.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, flakmagnet said:

Gerry, did you have a lot of mineralization? Or…?

(beautiful finds…the Nox does rock in the right circumstances)

Not as much mineralized soils in the areas I like to use the NOX, as the original material was already mined and many times the dirt is washed away.  This particular area has more dirt than some of my normal sites, but since it is not in its natural state, the mineral content is not concentrated and or as dense.  I would say light to almost medium.  Now there are sites there on the hillsides they did not channel water, so those are virgin ground and there the ground conditions becomes worse.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gerry in Idaho said:

Not as much mineralized soils in the areas I like to use the NOX, as the original material was already mined and many times the dirt is washed away.  This particular area has more dirt than some of my normal sites, but since it is not in its natural state, the mineral content is not concentrated and or as dense.  I would say light to almost medium.  Now there are sites there on the hillsides they did not channel water, so those are virgin ground and there the ground conditions becomes worse.

Those  are  great finds, but all those    specimens  take          up a lot of room.Where do you store them, Fort Gerry?

• Haha 1