You got out and was able to play some ...........that is all that matters. I think one reason I do well is most of the spots I hunt are 30 minutes average travel time.  When you have a two hour drive you have to take what your served, I get bad conditions I just go somewhere else or go home.

Your time is coming, Fall- Winter- then Spring..  💪

• Like 2

Maybe by the time some of us get our Impulse AQ's you first owners will have all that trash cleared out of our way. :laugh:

Seriously though, every bit of information helps us better understand the machine's capabilities so thanks!

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

I guess there’s still a place for a good VLF.......would only have dug 15 of those targets being the coins and pull tabs. With the AQ, can you not eliminate the bigger targets by profiling with the coil ?

• Like 2

I think the worst part about showing USA trash items is that the rest of the world gets to see our poor taste in alcoholic beverages.  Bud Light, Michelob Ultra, all those tasteless non-beers (Seagrams, Platinum,...)  Coronas are the funniest of all -- it's not like there was any flavor in the original variety.  Now they have 'light' and 'extra'.  As if you could get any lighter, and extra what?  Oh, and I see Corona Premier.  ???  "Find your beach!"  Well, at least you've done that.

Hopefully a little more on-topic:  I saw yesterday that a tropical storm ('Fay') has developed along the east cost, starting (at that time) around Hatteras, North Carolina working it's way up to Long Island and then straight north through the heart of New England into Quebec (that was the projected path yesterday, anyway).  Is that going to help you Middle Atlantic and New England detectorists?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, GB_Amateur said:

I think the worst part about showing USA trash items is that the rest of the world gets to see our poor taste in alcoholic beverages.  Bud Light, Michelob Ultra, all those tasteless non-beers (Seagrams, Platinum,...)  Coronas are the funniest of all -- it's not like there was any flavor in the original variety.  Now they have 'light' and 'extra'.  As if you could get any lighter, and extra what?  Oh, and I see Corona Premier.  ???  "Find your beach!"  Well, at least you've done that.

Hopefully a little more on-topic:  I saw yesterday that a tropical storm ('Fay') has developed along the east cost, starting (at that time) around Hatteras, North Carolina working it's way up to Long Island and then straight north through the heart of New England into Quebec (that was the projected path yesterday, anyway).  Is that going to help you Middle Atlantic and New England detectorists?

Setting here now watching three spots very close...Low is around 5 pm....North or NW winds needed at two of the spots, the third is the last resource and looks like it may have the lowest tide. One gets the calling of the AQ, the other two the Excalibur. Decision will be made at 1 pm...

Looks like the "AQ" gets wet....

Three hours..........Now Home, ........Bleak is the word. ..think I dug 6 targets.

• Like 6

22 hours ago, Joe Beechnut OBN said:

You got out and was able to play some ...........that is all that matters. I think one reason I do well is most of the spots I hunt are 30 minutes average travel time.  When you have a two hour drive you have to take what your served, I get bad conditions I just go somewhere else or go home.

Your time is coming, Fall- Winter- then Spring..  💪

Thanks. Not too worried about it. Summer hunting never appealed to me. I would not even be hunting them if it was not for the release date of the AQ. It will have it's place in the fall/ winter for sure. 7 hour hunts during those months. If I had 3 batteries I would be there  longer. But I'm NOT buying a 3rd battery 😄

21 hours ago, tvr said:

Very nice find on the lure! That one would go in the tackle box.

Thanks for the report!

Yup, that lure was the first target dug there. Fairly deep at @ 10" Forgot to post a picture of the 2 nails I found too. I guess it was a day for finding big stuff.P7100148.thumb.JPG.089e5c52ee0fc583158fc14ec77ef263.JPG

21 hours ago, Compass said:

Maybe by the time some of us get our Impulse AQ's you first owners will have all that trash cleared out of our way. :laugh:

Seriously though, every bit of information helps us better understand the machine's capabilities so thanks!

No doubt. 😄 But the machine was never intended to be sweeping the dry sand after  huge crowds. That is VLF territory all day long. I got bored covering the wet sand with almost no hits, so to get some exercise, I figured I needed to dig more targets.

14 hours ago, Tony said:

I guess there’s still a place for a good VLF.......would only have dug 15 of those targets being the coins and pull tabs. With the AQ, can you not eliminate the bigger targets by profiling with the coil ?

Yup VLF all the way.  Yes the footprint is bigger on the long targets, but probably so would a big gold chain. I could also guess they were bottle caps since the targets appeared very loud and a bit larger than a deep target, but I'm guessing so would a big man's gold ring at shallow depth.

10 hours ago, GB_Amateur said:

That's for sure🙄 I would not be caught dead drinking any of those beers. With small breweries everywhere now, I want to enjoy some quality beers from now on. I gave Budweiser enough of my money in my youth! That tropical storm may be heading too far inland to have a huge impact, but what I've learned you can never really tell until you get there.

10 hours ago, Rivers rat said:

Well tried!!!!!!!Lots of Targets!!

RR

Thanks. Hunting for fun now. Going to try some dirt hunting with it maybe this week. Interested in trying it at some inland EMI areas. I have two spots that I know well and have been hammered. I want ti see if it can pull any non ferrous out of there. plenty of 34 caliber  (and up) round ball pulled from this field. WE shall see.

• Like 5

Joe

Do the best winds for you flatten the water down or help lower the water levels?

I can see with your inlets and bays that it is site dependant on which way the best winds blow.

I was curious to know. Down here, nearly all beaches are in a North/South line so any winds from NE to SE flatten the ocean down nicely bu swells still sneak in somewhat unless these winds are sustained for some time.....which is quite often in summer when it heats up.