Two Consecutive "dog Day" Hunts!🥵

Hello all,

A little primer first; as some of you may know, my Equinox is in "the shop", due to previously posted issues!  No worries; using the old trusty At Pro!   

So between Covid, and the horrendous heat wave we are experiencing, i haven't been out much to detect!  But many of you have been out, and posting!  So i just had to suck it up, and get my butt out in it!! Summers here used to be a nice balmy Easterly breeze most every day! The last several years have been unusually hot and humid, with little to no breeze, and record temps! Dangerous conditions, if you don't hydrate well! 

So, i decided to hit a few local parks, that I've hunted previously, a year or two ago! And stick to the "shaded" areas to make it bearable!  Yesterday i had the 5x8 stock coil on, and did about 3 hours, before it became unbearable! I was soaked, but did well enough for what i expected to find!

Today was much the same, in a different park! With the 8x11 stock coil! This park has very large tree's, so the added depth helps here, due to very rich soil! 

My results; as you will see below; are fairly typical of my park area's!   Oldest coin was a 1955 D nickel!  Along with a few early 60's; and up to present day coins!  Not exactly ideal finds, but goes with the age of the area's that are accessible here! And it keeps my skills up! I included some of the junk items in my  "paper towel" displays for future reference! 

I'm looking forward (probably 6ish weeks) to getting the Equinox back, and get back to the beaches! 👍👍

20200709_174045.jpg

20200709_173831.jpg

• Like 5

Nice finds! Do you know what any of the “junk” finds are? Do you think their worth saving? 

Yes, this junk is easy! Was just a reference, than in the trash! Something i started to do for my pic file! 

Nothing gets thrown away till identifed! Usually an EO (encrusted object) from the beach may take awhile to identify!👍👍

• Like 1

Good looking loot there!

• Thanks 1

Did I see a mercury dime in that picture?

Nice hunt and good luck on your next one.

Stay cool.

• Thanks 1

No!😞 I wish!!

Only 2 silvers this year! Maybe this "Winter",  when the sweat is not blinding me! 🤣  Even the "wheaties" have dried up!👍👍

That's a lot of clad and not much trash- congrats!

• Like 1

Oh, there was more trash! The rest goes in the cans at the parks! "No trash, No treasure"!!  Or for me, "Much trash, No treasure!" Must be my "Lucky" Irish side!!🤣 👍👍

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Joe D. said:

No!😞 I wish!!

Then what is the coin that I circled?

detector find 1.jpg

• Like 1

I can now see the coin better, but in the first one it looked different from the other ones for sure.

Sorry for getting your hopes up for a let down.

• Like 1